Chapter 131

Capri Martin
a few days later...
5:00am, Friday Morning
I woke up with a smile on my face which was odd considering the last month or so. But these last few days had been pure bliss. Waking up everyday to Quentin was a treat. It was either he was giving me breakfast in bed or some bomb ass head. The kind that made my legs give out.

Great start to my day actually. Then I'd go to work and he'd pick me up afterwards. Then it was either he took me out to dinner or we spent a night in the house.

But this morning had been odd. He wasn't beside me. Like at all. Not even in the room. So I figured he'd been in the bathroom, but no. He wasn't even there. But then I noticed his wash cloth had just been used and his toothbrush had moved. When I went back in the bedroom, I saw that his phone had been gone too.

He'd obviously left the house. But without saying anything? It wasn't like him. He'd usually wake me up and tell me he was going.

Checking my phone, I went to go and see if he texted or called. But no. I had no messages from him. This'd been odd and I honestly couldn't go back to sleep after this.

I wanted to know where he was and what he was doing. There was no way he was at work right now or with anybody. It was only 5 something in the morning.

I felt anxious at this point. We were going through a tough time so spending time together really healed the both of us. I was with him from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed. If not and we were at work, best believe he picked me up as soon as my shift ended.

The last couple of days we spent reconnecting and getting to talk about our feelings. He was so open with me and that was really attractive. When we first met he was all bottled up. It took him 5 years to share everything and I loved it so much.

And I loved the fact that he listened to me. He actually listened and gave me his feedback. He'd been so caring and we were falling right back into our groove. Watching movies, making each other laugh, cooking together, intimate moments such as showers together, had this nigga rubbin my feet and giving me head here and there. It was amazing. He was like my comfort person despite the terms we'd been on before.

So him being gone and me being alone for the first time in a while, had me on edge. But I wasn't going to panic. I knew he had to be somewhere. It wasn't like he left the state or country.

Clicking on his contact, I texted then tried to call him. The phone immediately went to voicemail so I tried again. The same thing happened and now felt like the appropriate time to fuckin panic.

What if he stepped outside to smoke and he got kidnapped by his lil opps. Or like what if he fuckin got arrested or some shit.

I would hate to lose this man after all we've been through. And I hated that I'd been thinking this negatively. I had to calm down before I lost my shit.

But suddenly, I got a call back from him. I was so relieved once I picked up and heard his voice again.

"Baby. I know you wonderin where I'm at. I just wanna let you know that I'm good. Okay? Don't worry bout me." He spoke before I could even say 'hello.'

"You scared me so bad." I huffed, taking a breath of relief.

"I know, I know mama. I'm sorry. I fa got to let you know cause I was in such a rush. That's my bad."

"It's okay. Where'd you go?" I questioned.

"Me and E got a last minute shipment at the warehouse. Trust me when I got the call this mornin, a nigga was tight. You think I wanna do this shit at 4-5 in the mornin? Hell nah!"