Chapter 90

let's get this show on the road. i got ab 13 unpublished, crazy ass chapters i've been writing these last few days!
***
Capri Martin
the next morning
All I wanted was to get some sleep. Me and Q was out all night yesterday. Simply celebrating his birthday with our friends including his brother and mine. We had to make his day special because we all loved him but what ever was waking me up this early, wasn't it.

Sitting up in bed I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and stared into space. I was about to take my ass right back to sleep before I heard what woke me up in the first place.

Singing and loud cooking utensils, scraping against pots and pans. And it'd been coming downstairs. Could only assume it'd been my mom since my dad was 'at work' and Cole was with Emmy.

I tried laying down and going back to sleep but that bitch kept on singing and I couldn't stand it no more. Getting up from my bed, I slid Q's big ass slides on and stomped downstairs.

There wasn't even music on. But when I peered into the kitchen, her headphones had been on and she was dressed in full gym attire.

After that coma she said how she didn't want to take life for granted. She'd been depressed during her recovery, so before she went back to work she stuck to a strict diet and exercise regimen. And not gonna lie, it paid off.

Never seen her look this fit and vibrant before. She was glowing despite still not getting along with my father. She seemed happy and unbothered. During her time back home I haven't gotten into it with her not once.

Maybe that coma was a wake up call. But I wasn't letting my guard down at all. Because as soon as she felt like it, I knew she would go back to being a stone cold bitch. So I thought I should tread very lightly around her.

"Good morning." I said, clearing my throat as I entered the kitchen.

"Hmm?!" She exclaimed, trying to hear me over the sound of HER OWN singing. That right there just aggravated me.

"I said good morning." I spoke in a stern tone.

I was trying to be as respectful as possible but she made it so hard. I was tryna be nice to that lady and go easy on her since she just went through a depressive episode and fell into a coma not too long ago.

"Oh. Good morning." She nodded, barely making eye contact and continuing to make her breakfast.

"How are you?" I questioned.

"Great, you?"

"I'm good. Celebrated Q's birthday last night. Barely got any sleep from then til now."

"Hmm. Maybe you should've turned in early. Didn't seem like it was worth it, right?"

"It was worth it because he ended up happy in the end. Never seen him smile so much."

"But who ended up tired?"

"Me but I don't mind it."

"So don't complain about not getting sleep. I don't have that problem. I choose myself over- what is that on your chest?"

I furrowed my brows looking down at my chest. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. "Wh-"

Then it hit me. I forgot I was wearing a cami. My tattoo was showing. Bright red and beaming like it was still new.

Licking her finger, my mom tried to wipe it off as if that would work. But I'm sure she felt the texture. Certain parts of my tattoo was raised so I already knew it registered in her head immediately.

"There's no way that's a tattoo..."

"It is." I answered, backing away. "I got it 3 or 4 months ago."

"Does your father know?"