Chapter 29

roddy slid. purrr. enjoy 🫶🏽
***
Q Grey
Not fa nothin, I was hella happy I decided to get out my feelins and pull up on Capri. I couldn't get shawty off my mind and I had to do what needed to be done.

I wasn't gone stay mad at her. I knew I couldn't. But now that I told her what shit was and why I did the things I did, I was stuck on what to do next.  Do we just head in the direction we was going or was she gone have more questions? Which I knew ha inquisitive ass was.

Either way...I knew I wanted to keep shawty around. She was like a best friend. I said it a million times but she was the only good friend I had at the moment and she was my escape from this shit.

The shit with me and Eli. I was so tired of selling drugs. I really was. And as soon as we made this $150k back, I was considering telling Eli I was done with the shit. I just wanted a normal life. On some boring shit.

But one thing bout me. You could take me out the hood but can't take the hood out me. I was still gone stay strapped. Couldn't go nowhere without my piece on me.

Protect me and my lil thun.

Looking over at her, I saw that she'd been daydreaming out that car window. Just quiet and watching everything outside.

Her elbow rested on the car door while her chin rested on her hand. Her legs had been closed and pointed towards the car door too. Seemed mad stand offish. So I decided to ask what was wrong. Was praying it had nothing to do with me taking her back to my old hood.

Tapping the side of her leg with my fingers, I got her attention and continued to focus on the road ahead.

"You good?" I questioned.

She nodded her head, giving me a small smile.

"Yeah." She squeaked.

"yEaH." I mocked. "You sure Pri-pri?"

Taking a deep breath, she furrowed her brows. I knew this was coming. "I'm just worried that my parents will find out that I snuck out of the house. And I'm really not trying to get grounded or some shit. I just have this fear that if they go in my room and don't see me then I'll get in some type of-" She rambled before I cut her off.

"Man fuck them."

"I-"

"Not in a disrespectful way. My bad. I mean like...fuck what they think. We grown. We outside." I shrugged, scrunching my face and looking over at her.

She took another deep breath, looking down at her fingers and playing with them.

"Listen. We gone have fun tonight. Just me and you. What happened to that rebel shit?" I smirked.

She instantly started to smile. Then she covered it with her hands.

"Come on don't cover it up. Let me see them pretty stunnas."

And now she was covering her face with both her hands. Capri was funny for that.

"Stoooop." She chuckled, muffled by her hands.

"I'll pull to the side of the road and make you take them hands off ya face. We got all night." I scoffed.

Hesitantly taking her hands away from her face, she laid them down on her lap and stared up at me.

"You happy?" She cheesed.

Gently grabbing at her chin, I smiled back. "Very. You gotta pretty ass smile. And I always wanna see that shit. Especially if i'm the one that put it on ya face."

Looking away, she continued to smile while watching the window.

"Boy where we going?" She asked, taking a deep breath.