Chapter 41

this song is so good.
***
Q Grey
As soon as I spotted Eli's car, I went for it and opened the passengers seat. Then I closed it behind me. He stared into space not even acknowledging me. Then he broke down out of NOWHERE.

"O- one minute. We were driving. Chillin. Straight vibin. Next minute she start doin C and I'm thinking shit sweet. Cause she always doin C, right? But then she started acting weird and slurring ha words. Foaming at the mouth and shit. When I tell you she threw up EVERYWHERE Q, the back seat was covered in nun but ha vomit. She started drownin in her own shit. I almost threw up too. Then she mumbled two words. 'Hi mommy.' And from there she was unresponsive. Not breathing and there was no pulse." He rambled, talking a mile a minute.

I was confused until I looked in the back seat of the car. There she was. Salima's seemingly lifeless body, sprawled across the back seat. Mouth wide open and eyes half closed.

I seen dead bodies before. Hella times. But this shit was ungodly. Her face was already turning blue and the blood vessels in her face had already bursted. It was only a matter of time before she bloated and every last liquid pooled to the top of her face.

"Well fuck..." I huffed.

"She's dead bro. I think she overdosed." He panicked.

"How long was she like this for?" I questioned.

"I- I don't know. I just figured she fell asleep after she said 'Hi mommy.' When I pulled up to the party, I tried to wake her up but she'd been dead already."

"Well how long ago did she say 'Hi mommy?'" I questioned, reaching in the backseat to check her pulse one more time. She was fasho dead.

"Ion know...like 2 hours ago." He answered. "What are we gone do Q! Usually when we deal with a dead body, we just leave it. It be some meaningless ass street nigga who ain't have no family. But this girl...she come from sum. She got people who want her back home. She got a rich ass daddy who could find us. Since we sold ha the drugs. I ain't goin out like this."

"WELL NIGGA. I HOPE YOU THINK NEXT TIME YOU ACCEPT A MONEY OFFER FROM A COMPLETE FUCKIN STRANGER." I yelled. 'NOW LOOK WHERE YA IMPULSIVE ASS GOT US."

"THIS AIN'T THE TIME TO BE POINTING OUT MY FAULTS. I GET IT, I WAS WRONG. BUT LET'S NOT PRETEND YOU AIN'T HAVE AS MUCH TO DO WITH THIS AS I DID." He yelled back. "WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WE FINNA DO!"

"HOLD ON. JUST LET ME- LET ME THINK!"

All this screaming was giving me a headache. I couldn't even think. My surroundings were too loud and the smell of Salima's throw up was so pungent right now...

"Aight. I have an idea...but it might be a shot inna dark. Turn on ya GPS and follow me in Jen's car. I'll drive yours. You drive hers."

Following my orders, Eli turned on his GPS and hopped out of the drivers seat.

Walking around, I hopped into the drivers seat and opened up a window.

"Where we goin?" He questioned.

"Don't worry bout it. Here just...take Jen's keys. Her car is 'parked' at the end of the street. I'll circle around and cut through the trees so I could avoid traffic. Just meet me at the end of the street and we'll go from there."

"Aight." He huffed, taking the keys and damn there running down the block.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. What I would do for a blunt right now. Or some head. Just to relax my mind.

Putting Eli's keys in ignition, I put in the address to a church I saw on my way here. It was closed but we had a shot. I had an idea and it just might work.