Chapter 4

Capri Martin, 12:00am
I was wet. I was tired. I had a headache and most of all I was pissed. I knew from the start that party was gone be wack as hell. I knew I should have just went home and called it a night after the game. I knew I should have. Now here I was, just now getting out of the car and putting my keys in the door.

 Now here I was, just now getting out of the car and putting my keys in the door

I was praying my parents were asleep. They usually got home late from work so they'd knock out an hour after getting in the house. If they weren't asleep, I was legitimately going to die.

Opening the front door, I tried everything in my power to stay quiet. I even tip toed into the living room to make sure no one was there. But that was a big ass mistake because on the couch, there he was.

My older brother Cole, staring at the tv like a zombie.

When we made eye contact, we both gasped. I could tell we scared the shit out of each other.

"W-where you coming from?" He asked, fanning the area around him.

It was clear as day that he'd been smoking. He was bold as hell for that one because if my parents even smelled weed in their house, we both would've gotten searched and punished.

"Party. Please don't tell mom and dad." I begged.

"Relax. They still ain't come home yet. Mommy still working on a case and dads still out doing who knows what..." He sighed. "But I won't tell on you if youn tell on me."

"For what? Smoking in the house?" I asked.

"Yeah. Don't run your mouth and I'll keep ya secret. Aight?"

"Okay, okay." I chuckled.

He took a deep breath. "How's my car? You parked it in the garage right? Not in front of the house?"

"Yeah. It's in the garage." I sighed.

"Aight. Cool." He yawned, laying back on the couch.

See one thing about Cole was, he was always gone have my back. Being two years older than me, we always kind of bonded. He let me borrow his car all the time since my parents refused to let me get one. And he stuck up for me when they were really being unfair.

I don't know why my parents were so tough on me and not him. I didn't know if it had anything to do with me being a girl and him being a boy but...Cole always got treated more than fair.

He was allowed to have girlfriends, go out, didn't have a curfew, get a job and spend his money the way he liked. Meanwhile...I was sitting here just waiting for my turn. My parents treated Cole like a king. Maybe it was because he got good grades and graduated early. Or he never really got caught doing anything bad.

I didn't know what it was but he didn't have to worry about half the shit I had to worry about when it came to my parents.

My parents honestly wanted the best for me though. My mom was a lawyer. My dad was a police officer. They just wanted both me and my brother to follow in their footsteps.