Chapter 40

Capri Martin, 7:00pm
Cole had me all over the place today. He treated me to a bunch of foods, took me shopping, we saw a movie, and walked the pier. It was a really fun day and I was so thankful for him.

I forgot all about Q for the majority of the time even though I really did miss him. But this day was a 10/10 all in all.

And now Cole and I had been driving but I wasn't sure if we were going home or somewhere else. The neighborhood looked unfamiliar and we'd been in this area for a good two hours now.

I mean I wasn't complaining. It was a vibe as the wind blew in my face and we zoomed down the highway.

"Cole where are we?" I questioned. "This seems like...really far away from home."

"Don't worry. We almost there." He answered.

"Almost there? What do you mean?"

Ignoring my question, we exited the high way and drove up some back street. There were plenty of houses and they were big too. Mansions almost and I was taken back.

One thing about me, I was gonna daydream out the window and picture myself living in these houses. With my husband and our kids. I'm some big recording artist and he's famous for something else. I could picture it now. That's why I loved day dreaming. Because I got to escape from my issues to a reality that wasn't mine...yet.

Interrupting me from my thoughts, Cole spoke up and slowed the car down as we pulled up in front of this really big house. It was so beautiful and I couldn't help but wonder what was going on.

"Where are we?" I questioned, smiling at him

"Nunyaaaaa. Just get out the car and um...close ya eyes I guess."

"Close my eyes? Nigga no. What trick you tryna pull on me?" I squinted.

"Capri. Close ya eyes fa I close em fa you." He spat.

I sucked my teeth. "You a weirdo. Just help me out the car...and guide me."

"Yeah no shit."

"Hostile much?" I scoffed.

"Shuuuuut up."

I waited for Cole to open my side of the door while I kept my eyes closed. Then I felt him take me out of the car and guide me around this random ass neighborhood.

As we went up each concrete step, I could start to hear music being played from inside where ever we were. Then when Cole rang the doorbell, I could hear it stop immediately.

It was giving surprise party vibes and I was all for it. Never had one of those and I think I'd cry if this turned out to be one.

Cole and I waited a few moments before the door opened. There was no greeting. Just whispers and it was kinda obvious. But I held it together so I didn't laugh.