Chapter 75: Quentin's Origin II

A young, glowing and ever so gorgeous Jennifer Grey had just met a young and handsome man named Cyrus Brown in the spring of '99. The weather had just been getting warmer and a new wave of energy came over everyone that year.

It'd been early but she was ready to show off that summer body she'd been working on so hard during the winter. She'd always struggled with her weight and this was the first spring where she FINALLY felt confident enough to wear what she wanted.

She often sashayed around public areas knowing, anyone could care less. But this was about her. This was about her entering her IT GIRL era and gaining her confidence back.

And it worked for the most part. With the change in her physique, Jen's attitude was very much different. She felt like she could do anything and talk to anybody without having to stutter or look away.

This enabled Jen to leave the house more and pursue that one passion. That one passion she thought she could never achieve. Photography. Like actual professional photography.

So she figured she'd start out in her local parks and public areas first. But the park instantly became her favorite.

She had an eye for things that were worth being captured

She had an eye for things that were worth being captured. Not just birds and trees but real life. People, break ups, weddings, kids running around, capturing moments in time.

"Take my picture." Someone spoke from behind her.

Turning around, Jen stood back a little. After all this new found confidence and attitude, for the first time in a while she stood modest and tense.

"And who are you?" She chuckled, putting on a front.

She did that a lot. Put on fronts.

"Cyrus. Yo new model. Come on nah. Flick my pics. You owe me."

"Owe you? Nigga we just met." She chuckled, putting her hand on her hip and rolling her neck.

"Fa the coffee I'm about to buy you." He smirked.

"Oh really? Well shouldn't you buy it first...THEN ask for a picture."

"You got me there. Hold on. I'll be right back." He bubbled, excited to have her attention.

Running into the distance, Jen rolled her eyes and smiled, expecting this to be some kind of game. She wasn't used to the male attention like that. Especially not as attractive as Cyrus.

So turning back to taking her pictures, she day dreamed about that life she so desperately wanted. Photographing models, traveling the world, living a long and beautiful life. She didn't care if she never settled down and had kids.