Chapter 55

Capri Martin
Q watched this game with so much excitement. This was the most animated I've ever seen this boy. But one thing about him, he was always gone bring the hood nigga out of him. Where ever we went.

"Y'ALL CAN'T BE FUCKIN SERIOUS!" He bellowed. "THAT WAS A FOUL BALL. I SWEAR TO GOD THAT COCK SUCKIN ASS REF DO TOO MUCH! I'LL FUCK YO MARIO LOOKIN ASS UP BOY. BUILT LIKE A FUCKIN SAUSAGE! KEEP PLAYIN!"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. If this boy was gone be passionate about anything it was gonna be this damn sport.

I rested my hand on his leg to calm him down. And once he realized he'd been overreacting...again, he acknowledged it and toned it down.

"My bad." He smiled, kissing me on the cheek.

"You're good." I sighed, staring into space and munching on the popcorn he'd gotten us.

I didn't know how basketball games worked but this game had been stretching on for the longest. I wanted to leave. I was enjoying myself but I could only stand to watch niggas throw a ball into a hoop for so long.

"Pri-pri." Sam spoke from next to me.

I looked up from staring into space and gave her my full attention. "Hey." I smiled.

"Why you so quiet? What's wrong?" She questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not quiet. Just vibin I guess."

"Baby you are not just vibin. I could tell when something is wrong. You wanna talk about it?"

I took a deep breath. I did kind of need a breather or some form of relief. "Let's go to the bathroom."

"Zillah do you wanna come with us?" Sam questioned.

"I'm good. Ya'll go." She responded, all nuzzled up under Jay.

"Bae. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom with Sam." I spoke, looking over at Q who had his eyes glued to that game.

He nodded his head but looked up at me when he fully processed what I said. "You gone miss the game though!"

"Trust me I'm not missing anything." I chuckled.

Standing up, Sam and I cut through the other seats and found the exit. Then we made our way into the ladies bathroom to finally talk.

"Okay." She huffed. "What's going on?"

"A lot." I answered vaguely and still debating whether I wanted to really vent or not.

"Elaborate."

See Sam knew nothing about what I was going through back at home. Mostly because I was embarrassed and wanted as few people to know as possible. But also because I was afraid on being judged about what I chose to do in my situation.

As far as she knew my dad was just randomly being nice while my mom was the only strict parent. All of my friends had been clueless. But I came right out and said it. I needed to let this out.

"My dad has been cheating on my mom with another woman from Atlanta and she's really pretty. She's young and they've been dating for a year. I'm sort of in the middle of this because I'm the only one that knows about it and he's been bribing me with gifts and all sorts of shit to keep me quiet. He let's Q come over whenever he wants. Let's me sleepover at his place whenever I want and use one of my friends as an alibi . Q knows about this too because he was there with me when I caught my dad with her. But the only reason I'm not saying anything Sam is because...my mom treats me so bad and has done some very over the top abusive shit to me. It may not be physical abuse but it's fuckin my mental up. So to hell with her. And now Thanksgiving is ruined because both sides of the family aren't on good terms with my parents AND I just found out my dad is leaving for Atlanta in a few days to meet up with this girl." I ranted, speaking a mile a minute.