☰60- TWO MONTHS LATER

(October 2016)
[NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK]

   I shoved my book into my backpack as the bell had already rung, the rush was due to the fact that I wasn't trying to be rude or anything but I was trying to avoid someone. I had successfully done so for the last two months but I knew it was going to end soon because I was all out of excuses and I didn't want to reuse the same lame ones that I constantly used.

   "Amelia—"

   "I gotta go." I tell him and walk away.

   "But—"

   I stopped and pushed him into a classroom that was empty. "Look, you and I never talked before everything that's happened. People already know I'm Tony's daughter. I can't let them know I'm Ivy Void too." He looks at me. "The old man threatened to keep me away from my first school dance."
   I walked back to the door. "Sorry Parker."

   "But we're the only ones who know about each other. Ivy Void and Spider-Man."

   "And I want to keep it that way." I open the door and walk out. He follows. "We shouldn't talk about it so openly."

"So, come to my house! We can hide in my room." He smiles then it falls as he becomes flustered. "I mean, not like that!"

I smirk. "Like what Parker?"

"I mean.. my aunt May will be there." He says.

"As tempting as that sounds, I can't. Busy schedule."

   "Wait, can I ask a few questions?!" He whispers. "D-Did you go to jail? Is Stark okay? Are you still an Avenger? Do you still live with Stark? What about the others? How about SR? CA?"

   I stop and glare at him. "No, yes, of course not, yes, I don't know." I opened my locker. "SR? CA?"

   He slightly leans in. "Cap, Steve—"

   "I don't know, probably on the run somewhere." I told him. "Tony took my phone. Why don't you just look it up? He's like bigfoot, there's always people saying they've seen him around."

   "You call your dad, Tony?"

   "Uh.." I close my locker and shrug. "I have to go, my car is waiting. I'm still grounded."

   "Two months later? So, you haven't been going on missions?"

   "Parker." I warned and he stepped back. I smile as I walk away. "Aren't you late for your own thing? You never know, Mr. Stark could be one phone call away."

   He looked at me, a shine of hope and a smile growing on his face as I winked, then it fell because he knew I was being sarcastic. I waved and went down a separate hallway.
I had been sneaking around to go on missions but I didn't want to tell him that, especially when there was the whole internet that had proof of how most of my nights went, up until recently.

   I walked out, seeing Jade and Theo, the paparazzi was just outside the gate already taking pictures as soon as I stepped out, still wanting to know what I thought of the whole Avenger's situation.

   "What?" I ask as Jade stared at me.

   "Dress shopping?" Jade said, we walked down the stairs. "The homecoming dance is coming up."

   "Right, I know." I say and open the door to the car. "Hey VAD, call Dad."

  'Yes Miss.' The robotic voice replied as Theo and Jade got in. 'Calling dad.'

   "When did you start calling him—"

   "The answer is no."

   "I didn't even ask for anything yet." I replied.