☰11- HARLEY SAYS YOU'RE DEAD

As soon as we stepped inside I started looking around the shed, there was a red old beat up looking car, a plaid couch, a working desk, some shelves and a whole bunch of other stuff. It smelled like dust and metal too and it was cold but not as cold as it was outside.
   There were stairs that led up to a platform but it didn't look important enough for me to care.

I watched Tony set the suit down on the couch, adjusting it and sitting next to it. He looked a bit defeated which made me judge him silently, I never thought I'd see the day where Tony Stark looked completely defeated.

   "Don't touch anything." He tells me.

   "I'm touching the air." I say and he rolled his eyes. "I'm touching the ground."

"Right, don't break anything."

"You've set a good example." We looked over at the door which caused him to let out a heavy sigh.

   I walked over to the car and looked in through the dusted window. It was clearly old but still in use. "A family lives here.. single mother... two kids."

   "How do you know that?"

   I point inside the car. "There's a pink coat on that car seat, a baseball cap on this side of the car and in the cup holder is an old lipstick." He came over to take a look inside. I look at him, seeing glass in his arm. "There's tweezers on the table and that light to help you see better. Someone clearly works in here."

   "So observant, aren't you?" He speaks rhetorically. "Give me a minute."

   "Sure." I walked around the car as he started pulling out the glass.

   "Freeze!" Tony looked up and I looked over at the boy who looked about my age maybe a year or two younger. He was wearing a baseball cap and I smiled because I was right at least about a boy being part of the family. "Don't move."
   He hasn't seen me. I thought to myself and watched.

   "You got me." Tony said to him. "Nice potato gun. Barrel's a little long. Between that and the wide gauge, it's gonna diminish your FPS."
   The kid shot a glass cup that was on the stairs. "And now you're out of ammo and I'm guessing no backup plan while I actually have backup."

"I'm not fighting a kid for you." I step out making the kid jump. "Don't worry we're not going to hurt you... we're not going to hurt him, right?"

"No." Tony shrugs.

   "What's that thing on your chest?" They boy asked Tony.

   "It's an electromagnet." He answered. "You should know you have a box of electromagnets here."

   "What does it power?"

   Tony got up and showed him the suit. The kid smiled and dropped his weapon.

   "Oh my god!" He laughed and walked over. "Is that? That's... is that Iron Man?"

   "Technically I am." Tony says and turns to me. "Why didn't you act like this?"

   I walked over. "Because technically your ego was large enough."

   "Technically, you're dead." He hit Tony with the paper and walked past him to get a better look at the suit.

   I look at the paper and read, Mandarin Attack: Stark presumed dead.

   "Valid point." Tony places a hand on my head, rubbing it.

   "What happened to him?" The kid asked as he checked the suit out.

   "Life." Tony replied while reading the paper. "I built him. I take care of him."
He tossed the paper aside. "I'll fix him."