☰50- SOKOVIA ACCORDS

(August 2016)
[NEW YORK CITY]

   I walk out of class looking at Peter Parker. He looked nervous as he walked out of the classroom, holding his books closely to his chest. I noticed that he dropped a few after school extracurriculars and I doubted it didn't have to do with Bug-Boy work.
   Since the movie theater Ned was more interactive with me, even if it was just a big smile and a cute wave in the halls. Peter on the other hand always passed which I wouldn't be caring so much about until one day when he was rushing through the halls, as was I after cheer tryouts, having to sneak out.

   He ran into me as I made a joke about it being like the movie theater, which had happened months ago but he chuckled.
He picked up the books that slipped from my backpack. I tried to take it but he didn't let go and his face fell. I tried to keep my smile up. He tried to ask me if he could keep the book but it was a journal so I told him no, still he wouldn't let go.

I tried to pull on the book and he came with it. I glared at him to see him smile nervously. I let go of the book and he also let go of it so it fell to the floor.
When I picked it up we went our separate ways but I had followed him and caught a glimpse of him changing into blue and red pajamas with weird goggles.

   After I had told dad about all that, he made it my job to watch over the teenage mutant spider boy.
   I didn't want to babysit the kid but of course I had to on Tony's behalf. I would have to split my attention between Bug-Boy and my patrols.
   He didn't really do much, except go around in a red and blue onesie, mainly doing his own little missions, helping with petty robberies, stopping low-lifes, nothing that can cause any real harm to anybody and I was always there just in case. Or at least one of my illusions were.

   {Bing}

  I pulled out my phone to see a link sent in from Theo. I clicked on it and put in my headphones, watching the video as I went to my last class. It was a news report of the Avengers in Lagos from last month.
I watched as the building exploded and went to the news report, throwing in the question that I hated hearing.

I walked into class and set my books down, taking a seat next to Theo.

   "You don't have to send me every news report on the incident." I whispered and looked at him. "The Avengers are having a meeting with the secretary of state and Tony's gonna be there."

   "Good news?" Theo asked.

   "With Ross? Yeah right." I scoffed with an eye roll. "Tony set it up but I think it was just a favor."

   Last month The Avengers went to Lagos on a very important mission. They called for dad and I but I had a really important math test coming up and dad had a conference that Pepper couldn't attend. Again I was willing to go but he made me stay to do the test along with going to the conference.
   If I had been there then I could have saved those inside the building, help Wanda by sending Rumoff to another spot where no one would get hurt.

Yet dad says it's not my fault but I've been going around as Ivy Void for a few months now and people expect me to be there when the Avengers are there. I've not shown up to a few missions but never one as big as this.

   "Miss. Stark, Shakespear. What do we know?"

   "Top five facts?" I click my pen. "Son of Mary and John Shakespeare, married to Anne Hathaway, children Susanna, Hamnet, and Judith, wrote at least 37 plays, 154 sonnets, and many poems, and has the same birth and death day. April 23 at least that's what they said, but I think they wanted to be poetic."