☰45- CAN'T MOURN. WON'T MOURN.

I took Quinn to the Compound and was instantly surrounded by the Avengers as they had been getting ready to come find us, finding out where the fight was happening.
   I couldn't explain what had happened. I couldn't say anything, not that I didn't want too, the words just never came out. So instead I gave them the footage of what I had from the fight and they took Quinn.

   When they were distracted by the footage, I took that advantage and teleported to the tower.

"Are you crazy?" Jade asked as soon as she saw me. "Mel... Hey, what happened?"

"Quinn." It was all I could say.

"Where is she?" Theo asks.

I turned away, wiping the tears that spilled onto my cheek. "You guys have to go home."

"Mel, we have to talk about this, we need a better plan and this time no one will get hurt."

"No, Theo!" I yelled and opened two portals. "I can't lose you guys too. Trust me, this is for the best."

They tried to argue but I pulled them through the portals which led to their rooms and closed them before they could argue.

I teleported into my apartment pocket dimension, I found Demitri sitting on one of the barstools and he was ready to yell at me but stopped himself, his face softened as he opened his arms and hugged me.
    I was a bit shocked but he was comforting, I hugged him back and started crying once again. I guess he knew what had happened because Quinn wasn't with me and I was covered in blood. He hugged me until I stopped sobbing.

    I went to shower and get the blood out from my suit. My phone kept going off with calls from Tony and Pepper, it also went off with texts and calls from Theo and Jade and calls from the Avengers. Instead of answering anything I completely shut my phone off.
   I looked at all the bruises on my skin, spread out through my entire body, some purple and some yellow. My body ached but I didn't care too much, just taking a few Tylenol and hoped it would disappear.
   I walked out of the bathroom and was hit with the smell of food, specifically chicken. I found Demitri standing over the stove, plating whatever he had made.

   "Do you always spend an hour in the shower?" He asks, walking over and handing me a plate of chicken quesadillas.

   "You didn't have to cook." I whispered.

   "I feared if I didn't you'd pass out and I'd be stuck here for a week." He says and leads me to the couch. "Also, for someone who needs to eat after using your powers, your apartment is empty."

   I looked at the food and didn't have an appetite but I knew I had to eat or he would be right and I didn't want him to be.
   We ate in silence but he would stare at me.

   "This is truly pathetic." I scoff.

   "So, what's the plan?" He asks and I look at him.

   "Send you to Washington and then I'll figure this out on my own."

   "In Rome?" He looks at me. "I'm coming with you—"

   "I couldn't save Quinn, I'm not gonna let that happen to you." I get up.

   A smile grew over his lips. "You still care about me."

   I was going to say something but then I remembered he had been shot. "Are you okay?"

   He looked at his shoulder and then up at me. "Yeah, I'm completely fine, just can't move my arm higher than..." He held his arm up and winced. "This."

   "Let me see." I helped him take his jacket off but he chuckled. I was confused but then blushed. "Just take it off, don't make this weird!"

   He laughed and pulled his shirt off, and as focused on his abs that I wanted to be, my eyes quickly went to the wrapped wound, a bit of blood smeared on it.