kid freaks adults

Beginne am Anfang

After glancing at the silent Hoseok first, you politely shook his hand

"I'm Y/N."

Namjoon widened his smile and reached to Hoseok for a hug, which Hoseok didn't prevent and hugged back with a small smile.

"Why don't you introduce your wife to my princess? She's upstairs with her mom," Namjoon suggested, gesturing you both towards the stairs. Hoseok looked down at you and asked,

"Want to meet my bestie?"

You confusedly nodded at his question, then found him interlocking his fingers into yours.

Namjoon seemed too satisfied with Hoseok's pure smile over you. It had been years since he had seen this smile on Hoseok's face.

You both crossed by Namjoon as if he was invisible to everyone. The soon-to-be CEO didn't bother to take the ignorance personally, but he did feel a little off.

"You shouldn't have ignored him like that," you advised Hoseok as you took the stairs with him.

Hoseok ignored your advice too.

--//--

"Hobi, I don't think I'm pretty," the small girl whines to her uncle while showing off her dress diligently.

"Are you kidding me, bestie? You are the most beautiful and cutest birthday girl I've ever seen in my life!"

Hoseok, overacting, left giggles on Yoo-ri's face to make her happy. Hoseok pulls her into his arms and tickles her. Yoo-ri laughs and retaliates by tickling Hoseok's neck as revenge.

Meanwhile, you sit on the bed beside Yoo-ri's mother. Although Hoseok is playing with a baby, you can't help but adore the lady's covered Belly.

"I'm Mi-ra, in case you don't know my name," Mi-ra initiates the conversation to make you comfortable, but your abrupt statement makes her chuckle.

"Hoseok talks about you alot, saying that you are a great person, even greater than Namjoon."

"I'm really glad to meet you again. Last time, Mom said a few bad things. I hope you didn't mind that..." Your hand is firmly held by Mi-ra as she continues.

"The doctor said the baby could come anytime. Do you want to feel it?" You hesitate for a moment, but she reassures you with a sweet smile and gently guides your hand to her belly.

Your hand feels the warmth of her body. Until now, you had been thinking about how exhausted she looked carrying this heavy stomach, but feeling the small kick and warmth, you begin to feel genuinely happy for her.

"Congratulations," you wish her softly. She smiles and nods as a thank-you, then yoo-ri runs towards Mi-ra and lightly hugs her belly, protecting the baby from Hoseok.

"No, this baby is my bestie. Your bestie is me, Hobi!" Yoo-ri exclaims, showing some playful possessiveness for her sibling.

Meanwhile, Hoseok sits on the other side of Mi-ra, pretending to be upset. "Yoo-ru is mean! I'm sad," he says, crossing his arms and giving a pout as he looks away, feigning sadness.

Yoo-ri quickly shifts to Hoseok's knees and curls up in a hug. "Hobi is my bestie," she affirms. Hoseok hides his smile and continues to pretend to be sad, deepening the act.

"Does she always call Hoseok Hobi?" You ask Mi-ra, and she replies, "Hoseok spoiled her. We were teaching her to call him uncle, but he taught her to address him as Hobi because he wanted to be her best friend, not just her uncle."

You scoff upon hearing that, and seeing the two besties' antics makes you chuckle.

Out of nowhere, yoo-ri leaves Hoseok and rushes toward you. She lightly pats your stomach and asks in a cute tone, "Will you give this new bestie to Hobi?"

All three adults fall silent at yoo-ri's question, wondering its implications.

She runs out suddenly, missing her father Namjoon.

"Sometimes kids do freak us out," Hoseok lets out a sigh before chasing yoo-ri, making sure she won't hurt herself while running.

"I think we should go too. My husband has prepared so much, and I can't afford to lose any moment... Will you help me stand?" The 9-month pregnant woman cleverly changes the topic and with your assistance, she manages to get down.

You don't let go of Mi-ra's hand until you've helped her place it on Namjoon.

______________________

(A/n: I have no idea where I'm trying to take this story but- nevermind😭)

Hope everything is still making sense 🙂