Chapter 38

NEIL

I slowly opened my eyes. My head was aching badly because of all the crying. I wanted a cup of coffee. I slowly got down from the bed when a tray was forwarded to me. It has a coffee mug. I lifted my head up and saw Avanthi standing infront of me.

'You will need it!!!' saying she offered me and I silently took the coffee mug from her hand. I silently started sipping onto it. It was perfect. I unconsciously moaned at its perfection and taste.

'How are you feeling now?' she asked and I whispered 'Better'. I had a croaked throat. I continued sipping it when I felt Avanthi's gaze on me. She kept staring at me making me shift uncomfortably.

'Is there something you want to talk?' I asked and she nodded.

'Ohhhh okay!!! Here or you want to go somewhere?' I asked and she simply plopped on the bed saying

'Doesnt matter but I want to clarify everything this very moment.' she looked serious and I nodded and sat on the bed.

'I heard you came to London few years ago to talk to me something? Then why didn't you meet me Neil?' she asked and I looked at her.

'Why are we discussing it now? It's in the past Avanthi.' I said casually when she stared at me into my eyes and said

'Because I want to!!!' and I rolled my eyes.

'Avanthi let it be...it's...Oh God!!! There is no point discussing about something that no longer exists!!!' I said. My tone I'm sure came off quite harsh and irritated. I still couldn't forget the visuals of her going out hand in hand with that man. The way he kept his hand on her waist. Their giggles. The way they spoke to each other. The way he offered her a ring in that silly stupid pub. That asshole wasn't even dressed well. I never understood when did Avanthi's standards fell so low. He was just another average guy who behaved like a fucking joker around women.

And Avanthi said yes to him. I mean I know you are college besties but Sameer was atleast 4-5 years elder than Avanthi. He was there to take a break from his work and do his MBA. I don't know what attracted her to him.

Maturity naaaa the guy got himself caught amongst those men. And he was so wasted that even if those men raped him, he wouldn't know.

Personality??? He's a joker. I mean I know women like funny men but Sameer he's a living pathetic joke. I mean I can tolerate Karthik for a moment but Sameer. He cracks at jokes that he makes himself and trust me they are not even funny.

Good looking...meh...he is... maybe!!! He's one well built muscular Gujju boy who is possessive of his Theplas and Khakhras and Undiyus. He romances food more than women.

I was shocked when I discovered Sameer to be her choice!!!

'You thought I was dating Sameer?' she asked and I narrowed my eyebrows and looked at her. She looked quite amused.

'I saw you both at that stupid roadside pub. I ....Ummmm...I know you both were dating for a brief period.' I confessed and the amusement expression on her face turned into an evil smirk. And that irritated me.

'Are you by chance enjoying this?' I asked her raising an eyebrow when she leaned back onto the headrest of the bed saying

'Oh you have no idea!!!' she said and I was pissed. She is so proud of her choice? Was Sameer that good that she likes to talk about him? A pang of jealousy hit my chest and I got up from the bed saying

'Thats it!!! I don't want to discuss it further. There is no point discussing about someone in your past. I know you both broke up after a while. I don't know why but I'm glad you did. He wasn't worth it!!!' I said when she smiled saying