Chapter 28

AVANTHI

I cringed the moment the milk spoiled. Literally one litre of milk was wasted. My fridge didn't have any extra packets so I quickly put on my tshirt and pajamas and went downstairs to the supermarket to purchase milk. Along with it I picked a few vegetables when I noticed a group of women staring at me and gossiping amongst themselves.

I didn't pay them a heed. Last time I heard their conversation it was all about their droolworthy penthouse neigh-...oh wait a minute...the penthouse neighbour is Neil. Shit!!! They were all drooling over him? My jaw clenched and I shot them a look when they suddenly got busy picking things up. Ignoring their creepy stares I walked back onto my floor when I noticed all the four lifts of my apartment had stopped on my floor.

What on earth? Is there a function on my floor?

After a good busy ten minutes, lift managed to come to the ground floor and I boarded it. The moment I stepped out of the elevator I noticed a crowd of women discussing something while standing at the duct area. What is happening? And then I notice everyone staring towards my home.

I slowly walked past them and my eyes widened in shock when I saw Neil standing there with a thali (plate) full of flowers, Aarti and vermillion. What is he doing here? But that's when I heard something that made my eyebrows rise.

'Damnnnn he's so hot!!! Look at that sweaty sexy back... delicious!!!" And that's when I realised Neil was standing there in just a white veshti(dhoti), a cross thread, hair tied in a man bun with a cross thread. He flexed his back muscle and I could notice a heart shape made as he flexed himself. I heard a gasp from every lady around me and suddenly I felt a wave of anger within me.

I carelessly walked towards my house door and stood in front of my house asking 'What are you doing here?' to which he smiled and took the warmth of the Aarthi thali with his right palm and pressed it onto my eyes when my jaw almost dropped. I could notice a dozen other jaws hanging low behind him as a reaction to his action. Before I could say something he put a piece of small crystal sugar in my mouth and without wasting a second he filled my hair partition with vermilion. I froze.

'You weren't at home, so was waiting outside for you. Anyways open the door, I want to do Pooja in your house also!!!' he said when I opened the lock of my house not wanting more entertainment for the crowd as I dragged him inside the house and closed the door with a loud thud.

'What the hell do you think you are doing  Mr Neil Nayak?' and he pouted and lifted the thali in his hand saying 'Pooja' and started walking inside my house. I closed and opened my mouth but nothing really left my mouth. The nerve this guy has!!! Ughhh!!!

'There is no point of searching the entire house. You won't find your god here!!! He's banned from being near me' I said and he chuckled asking

'And what makes you think so?'

'Because he knows that I don't believe in him anymore. He has never been there for me and now I don't need him!!! We kinda keep fighting with each other. He stays kms away from my radius' I said popping on my couch freely when I see him placing the thali on a side table and then mumbling to himself something he said

'Do you know something Avanthi...your kind are god's favorites!!!' and I raised an eyebrow asking 'How so?'

'Well because you think and remember him more than we believers do. Everytime you fail in anything you curse God and say that he was never there for you although he must be planning something bigger and better but you'll never realise it. When something good happens you praise yourself saying look you achieved it without god's grace but reality...either ways you remember him first unlike we believers. The reason why Lord Krishna's uncle Kans was not a sinner although he did so many wrongs in his life because every single second he spent thinking about lord Krishna. Although thinking how to destroy him but Krishna was always on his mind. That fellow is a bigger redeemer. Lucky fellow got killed by Lord himself...' and I rolled my eyes saying