Chapter 9

AVANTHI

'I dont know Avanthi...I still can't accept that she sent this message to me. It...It doesn't look like...it's her!!! You know the style of writing and the formalities of how she addressed me...It just doesn't fit. I...I don't know buddy!!! And I don't know why but my heart says even if she says it's our last conversation my heart says...we will meet again!!!' he kept going on and on about the message Haasini sent him. He was excited, worried and hopeful.

Although she sent a message about their final breakup. She had reached him after a whole 8 months. And he was excited, thrilled and hopeful. I had called him up to ask him for help but before I could even begin, he started speaking about Haasini and I didn't even get a chance to breathe in this chaos.

'Avanthi...Are you there???' Ava...' and I was suddenly out of my thoughts as I whispered 'Yyyes!!! Yes Abhi...I'm here. It's just that...I was shocked!!!' I said and he chuckled saying 'You don't even know her and you are shocked, think about me. Knowing her on and off for so many years, then...we get drunk and kiss passionately and then she goes invisible... one sudden day she runs back to her country...you can never understand what a man could go through Avanthi.' he says and suddenly my thoughts go back to the darkest night of my life. The night I lost my virginity to that demon of lust whom I fell in love with. He's right...I don't understand how it feels when you run away from your emotions. Because I don't want to feel it.

'She left me hanging to a thread and now I get a message saying I've to forget her. Naaaaa...not happening. I know my Haasini too much to believe this sham!!! This is why I have decided to take charge of the situation!!!' he sounded determined.

'What are you planning to do?' I asked and he chuckled saying 'I dont plan much Avanthi. I'm not a smart worker like you but I'm a hard worker. I may not be the best she may find but I'm determined to be so good... such that she cannot run away from me. I will win her back and that's why I'm coming to India.' he broke the bomb and my heart dropped.

Fuck!!! What the hell!

'And I'm going to stay with my Ava in her apartment!!! Howzzattt!!!' he said and I gulped nervously.

'Johnson thinks you will take longer there. And he wants me to lend you a hand!!!' he said and I was speechless.

'Avanthi...aren't you happy?' he asked and I said 'Its not...not that Abhi... it's just-'

'If you are thinking about the investors let me tell you. We don't need to go to pitch for investors because we have already found an investor who had approached us personally 2 days ago. I wanted to surprise you. She's agreed for lesser equity than we planned. We don't even need angel investors!!! Can you believe it?' and I was shocked.

'And you didn't even think of informing me?' I asked and he chuckled saying 'Sorry bud wanted to surprise you but...looks like life gives your buddy lemons every time!!! But forgot that your buddy's balls are a size bigger than those!!!' and I cringe with an 'Eww I don't want details!!!' and he chuckles saying 'See you soon sweetheart and I miss you!!! I'll be in front of you in the next 24 hours' he says sweetly and I am left tongue tied. I was thinking of talking to him and introducing him as my boyfriend who cannot come to India because of work commitments but looks like life also believes in giving me lemons. Or in my case I would rather call it a full fledged lemon pickle. Pungent, spicy and ready to give you acidity. Fuck!!!

'Heyy cutiepie...I said I miss youuu' he stressed upon it and I chuckled saying 'I miss you too Abhi!!! Come soon' saying I smiled. It's not his fault. It's the mess I have created and now I have to manage as well. Post disconnecting the call I heard Pranay saying

'Ohhhhh I miss you... kiss you and all ahhhh!!! Akka I never expected this from you...Hmmmmm' he started teasing me and I rolled my eyes. If only he knew the bundle of lies I have been telling him and dad. He offered me coffee and just when I took a sip he asked