Chapter 23

AVANTHI

I wasn't in the right state of mind for a presentation but I had to learn to keep my personal and professional life separate. So I went ahead and gave the presentation and surprisingly everyone loved it. I was applauded and appreciated for the presentation by everyone in the hall. I saw a lady with blonde hair...Sandra was also smiling. However the man that my eyes kept searching for wasn't visible.

The presentation was done, his Junior Director agreed upon the deal on behalf of him saying he had some urgent business to handle, lunch was served, people came, people left, crowds dispersed yet he... was nowhere to be seen. Mita bid me a goodbye along with my other colleagues as they checked out of the hotel while I stayed. I had time till 12 am at midnight to check out the room so I decided to stay back and wait for Neil.

Clock was ticking 10 pm and Neil had still not come by. I decided to wait for him at the reception when Sandra saw me and was concerned. She slowly walked towards me and greeted me a 'Hello'. I wished her back. She asked me if everything was alright and why was I waiting for her when I told her I wanted to talk to Neil but what she told me left me shocked.

'Neil had come back by evening itself!!!'

I was confused. Why didn't he come and meet me? I rushed back to his room and knocked at his door and surprisingly Neil opened the door. His facial expressions changed. He looked emotionless. Dull to be precise when suddenly I heard a lady's voice saying

'Who is it Love?' and my eyes filled with tears just the way that female voice addressed him. His eyes didn't meet mine as he was completely ignoring me. I was stood there speechless until a woman in a strapless bodycon black chick dress appeared before me. Her face looked similar. It felt like I had seen her somewhere. Taking a close look at her I realised she was one of the associates from our investor's crowd.

I gulped when she came and circled her arms around Neil's torso when my eyes started filling up more and more with fresh ounces of tears.

'We have a guest? Love wouldn't you introduce me to her?' saying she pouted when Neil cleared his throat saying

'Ummmm This...This is Avanthi...My...My.... brother's fiance!!!' he said and I froze at his endearment. She smiled and said 'Hello Avanthi!!!' and I hesitantly nodded when he added 'And this is... Camelia...my...'

'His girlfriend!!!' she said and I was shattered. I kept looking at him and her. Her eyes were shining seeing him and his eyes had no emotions. She squeezed him in his arms when he side hugged her.

I gulped and said 'I....I was leaving...act... actually...I wanted to just....I....' I wasn't finding the right words to speak when Neil said 'She was leaving baby... she's here to wish us a goodbye!!!' he said and a traitor tear escaped my eye. I kept my head low to hide them when he shamelessly said 'Bye Avanthi...See you at the wedding!!!' and his words broke everything left within me. I simply nodded and left from there without turning back. That night he destroyed me into ashes!!!

Weeks passed but I didn't know whom to talk to about this. Cards were distributed, shopping was done and the date was fast approaching alongside my anxiety which was increasing day after day. Neil Nayak played with my emotions. He needed a timepass when his girlfriend wasn't available and I was that timepass for him. I had realised it. I could just forget everything and marry Kedar but the night I spent with him wasn't getting off my head and weirdly he hadn't denied marrying Prakruthi either. I wasn't understanding what was running in the back of his head. However one thing I was crystal clear is that he was twisted in his head and I wouldn't care a damn if he had denied marrying my sister yet but he didn't and I couldn't let Prakruthi's life become a mess because of this man and his love life drama. After thinking a lot I decided to drop him a message.