Chapter 34

AVANTHI

'Let me help Mam' said the middle aged man who helped me load my luggage onto his cab. All my way from the airport to the hotel I tried convincing my manager who was furious that I had not got onto my Sydney flight. The CEO was waiting for me in their Sydney office. I tried convincing Johnson that I will handle everything. He was fuming however he trusted me and gave me 48 hours of time to sort the mess. I was thankful.

I reached the hotel and got onto my excutive suite. It was almost evening time but every passing minute was precious. I quickly had a bath, changed into a fresh pair of clothes and descended downstairs. New York was new to me so I had to take help of someone to understand the address. So I spoke to the receptionist who was a kind lady. She told me that this area belongs to some rich big shots and I would need to look there via the house number.

So I took the cab to the address mentioned but the cab driver said that I must walk further starting to look for house numbers. It was getting darker and no one in that area knew anyone by the name Neil Nayak. I was worried. So I decided searching the houses via the house number which finally brought me infront of a huge mansion with tight security. It looked like there was a party in the mansion.

I looked at the mansion and it was named 'Indira Nivas'. I was stopped by the security who denied me from going inside. I noticed a lot of cars and a lot of people walking into the mansion but I was stopped.

'Security reasons Mam. We are sorry. Could you please show us your party invite please!!!' said the guard and I didn't have any invitation.

'Ummm look I don't have an invite. I have arrived from India and I am here looking for the owner of this house. Mr Neil Nayak!!!' I said and the guards spoke to each other something and then looked at me and said

'We have so many people coming here saying they are from India and they want to meet boss but that's not how it works Mam. You either have an appointment or you must have an invite.'

'But Mr Neil Nayak is my husband!!!' I said and the guard said

'Listen lassy...I have been respectful enough with you...Youve got to understand you cannot go in there. This is a private property now get outa here before my boss comes and asks me to kick you out personally from here!!!' said the guard rudely and I was pissed to another level altogether.

'Dont you understand when I say I'm your boss's wife. Neil is my husband!!!' I shouted when the guard grabbed my shoulders saying

'Look you Missy!!! The owner of this property maybe an Indian but isn't Neil whatever. And neither is he married. I don't want you to create a real nuisance here when there is a whole big crowd coming to this party. So just get the hell out of this place and I don't wanna see your face' saying the guard pushed me and I fell hard on the ground. My elbow hurt like a bitch. That's when a certain someone held me by my shoulders.

'Is this the way to behave with a lady? How dare you mistreat someone. I think I need to talk to your agency. I don't want people disrespecting other people at this party..Am I clear?' yelled the man and the security guards apologized to him and me. That's when my eyes met a certain someone with blue eyes and blonde hair. He had a small smile on his face as he asked 'Jeez...Are you okay? I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the guards. They have been asked to be extremely vigilant due to security reasons. After all it's one of Newyork's biggest businessman's party.' he said and I blinked and kept looking at him.

'Ohhhh I am sorry I missed to introduce myself. I am Kevin. And you???'

'Av...Avanthi...I am here looking for-'

'Oh my god...you are hurt. Your elbow is bleeding. Please come with me, let me give you a quick first aid' he said and I couldn't deny the offer. By hook or crook I wanted to go inside this house. I had a hundred questions running in my head.