50. Jealousy

"I'm sorry about tonight." Ara declared as Jace and Luke headed out to the carriage. "I'm sorry about this whole day." 

"It's okay." Jace assured. "not your fault." 

"Jace." Ara whispered he stared back at her. "I do love you."

"I love you Ara." Jace rasped.

"You are always going to be my best friend." Jace smiled back at her closing the distance between them. 

"Always." Jace agreed holding tight to her hand. 

"Come back soon

"Come back soon... I will visit you. I promise... we will get back to what we were." Ara declared. 

"I know we will." Jace agreed. "You always got me. No matter how far." 

"No matter how far." Ara agreed hugging him tight. "I'm cant believe we went this long without talking!" she declared. "Gods I missed you." 

"I missed you more." 

+
'''Come on, come on. That's it.'' Alicent encouraged helped Viserys back into bed. Giving him his teas tucking him in. ''Oh... Well done.''

''I'm sorry.'' Viserys rasped

''Shh.'' Alicent coed.

''I'm sorry.' Viserys repeated again.

''Shh, shh, shh.'' Alicent coed.

''But you wanted to know... if I believe it to be true.'' Viserys told her softly.

'' Believe what to be true, my King?''

''Don't you remember? Aegon...''

''Our son?'' Alicent questioned confused.

'' His Dream. The Song of Ice... and Fi... It is true. What he saw in the North. The Prince That Was Promised.'' Viserys said in a daze

''I don't understand, Viserys.''

''The Prince.' Viserys told her

''Prince Aegon?''

''To unite the realm against the cold... and the dark. It is you. You are the one. You must do this.'' Viserys told her softly ''You must do this.''

'' Shh, shh.'' Alicent coed as Viserys let out a deep breath and Alicent blew out the candles. ''I understand, my King.''

''No more. No more.'' His breathing became short as Alicent headed out. ''My love.'' Viserys said softly his breaths growing shallow and then stopped.

+

"Ara, I'm sorry, I was a jerk." Aemond declared when he saw her coming down the hall. 

"Yeah, you were." Ara agreed. 

"I just... I'm sorry. It was stupid. I was stupid." Aemond remarked. 

"Yeah, you were." Ara agreed again as she moved past him to her chambers. 

"I love you, I guess I got jealous... thinking about... how you two used to be." Aemond offered. 

"I gathered that too." Ara assured. 

"And seeing him made me that nervous little boy that loved you so desperately and thought that you didnt know I existed." Aemond went on. 

"Thats ridiculous." Ara told him seriously. 

"You and Jace were connected at the hip." Aemond reminded her. "It was you and him against the world and I just... I let my anger get the better of me. My jealousy... I'm sorry... I hope you can forgive me for my outburst." Aemond begged and Ara moved to him touching his cheek. 

"He got you good." Ara remarked. "Jace really is Strong." A smile curved Aemonds face.