68. Immune

"Aranyani, come back." 

"I dont think I want to. I'm just going to stay. Right here." Ara corrected as she lay down in the water.  "Stay right here and let my worries fade away." 

"Get up Aranyani, there is no time for leisure not until the war is won." Mystic commanded.

"Let me float. I'm so at peace." she corrected.

"Your fight is not done yet."

"Let them fight, he poisoned me, if I'm not dead yet my body is

"Let them fight, he poisoned me, if I'm not dead yet my body is." 

"What is poison Aranyani?" 

"What?" 

"Poisons are of microbial, plant, animal origin." Mystic declared and Ara stood up from the water.  "poisons can also be created by organisms such as bacteria and fungi..."

"You are saying..." Ara rasped stepping out of the water. "Are you saying?"

"Poison are such diverse natures, classified in chemical by nature..." Mystic went on. 

"I'm immune?" 

"What is poison to the goddess by a bad perfume." Mystic offered. 

"But I'm here... I'm... I felt the- I felt my magic... it drifting away."

"You are here because you gave up and I'm telling you that you don't get to give up, Aranyani." Mystic demanded. 

+

"Where is she?" Aemond questioned as they landed. 

"I'm know the same as you which is nothing!" Daeron reminded him. 

"We have to find her-" Aemond began before her spotting Otto. "Grandfather!" 

"Aemond, Daeron, what in seven hells are you doing here?" Otto demanded "Does your mother-"

"She sent me." Aemond agreed. 

"She sent me to storms end but I decided fuck that, rescue mission sounds better." Daeron informed him. "And I'm gonna hold it over Ara's head for the rest of her life if I am the one saving her." 

"You boys-"

"Where is Ara?" Aemond demanded. 

"I know she wanted to speak to Jace and LUke but... I assumed she was back on the ship." Otto remarked. "What's wrong?"

"Beast in the woods. Thats what Helaena told mother. Helaena said it was after Ara." Aemond declared. "I need to find her." Otto nodded eagerly. 

"We will find her." Otto agreed. "Then you will get her home." 

"On it chief!" Daeron agreed marching off. 

"I will check the ship again." Otto remarked. "Dont worry Aemond, Helaena has been spewing nonsense for years its probably nothing." Otto offered. 

"And if its not?" Aemond countered. "If something is after my Ara?"

+

 Ara saw the shadowy figure getting closer, the mystic perhaps, she had so many questions, her mind still flooded with worry and doubt and nerves, she had so many questions and she knew none of them would get answered the mystic liked to be mystical and mysterious. But that was when gravity failed and the flowers began to drift away. 

"What's happening? Where did they go? What are the flowers doing? where are they going?" Ara questioned as the flowers drifted up and away.

"You need to get up you need to fight without our goddess what happens to the world we built? What happened to the animals? what happened to the oceans what happens to the air we breathe when we finally found our goddess? You are not allowed to di...

"You need to get up you need to fight without our goddess what happens to the world we built? What happened to the animals? what happened to the oceans what happens to the air we breathe when we finally found our goddess? You are not allowed to die yet it is not your time." Mystic declared. 

"Then why am I here at all?" Ara countered. "Why didn't I just stand up and fight back then why am I trapped here?"

"You're not trapped, don't you see that this is a mental block this is in your head this is you not wanting to get up. This is you afraid and since when are you afraid? Be fearless, be the warrior we need to be the warrior the kingdoms need."

"What if-"

"No what ifs." Mystic corrected. "Love is like Heaven, but it can hurt like Hell and you are not allowed to give up. You can't question yourself and your decisions, go with your gut."

"My gut is confused!" Ara shouted. 

"It's not... you told Aemond, did you not that he was your one and only."

"How did you know that?" Ara whispered. 

"Did you lie? You said you wouldnt lie to Aemond, why are you second guessing that?" Ara shook her head and tears filled her eyes. "Get up, get up Aranyani!"  The ground shook under her feet again. 

"Stop it! Stop it!" Ara shouted. 

"You are not allowed to give up." The ground shook harder and she stumbled as she found her footing. "You want to leave Alicent and Criston? You want to leave Helaena? What about Aegon? You made a big deal saying he couldnt disappear. That he had to stay. Daeron and you are finally onto solid ground again-" Ara stumbled forward as the floor broke under her. "Leave Aemond, after everything you two went through? All the love and wanting and craving? You would just leave?"

"Stop it please!" Ara shouted. 

"You wanted to run and hide but Aranyani all you had to do was stay... was that so hard? Is that so difficult? Where is that little fearless girl?"

"Shes right here." Ara demanded.

"Are you sure?" Mystic countered. "I dont see that passion in you that I once did."

"I'm right here!' Ara declared as the ground settled. 

"Where!" Mystic challenged knowing that Ara was at her strongest when she drew from her emotions. From her pain and anger. 

"Don't push me or I'll give you a war you won't believe." Ara seethed. 

"Good.... now wake up."