2. Enough

Criston looked to the bruise forming on Ara's cheek as she held to Aemond's hand as the maester worked on his eye.

"I'm okay mama." Ara whispered as ALicent hugged her before running a hand through Aemond's hair. Ara saw otto come in with Helaena and Aegon and she moved to him.

"Hi sweetie." Otto said picking her up. "What happened?" his thumb grazed her cheek.

"Is Aemond going to be okay grandpa?" Ara whispered leaning into him. Otto looked at Aemond as he tried to be brave.

''How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers.'' Viserys demanded as a maester tended to Aemond

''The princes were supposed to be abed, My King.'' Harrold told him

''Who had the watch?'' Viserys spat

''Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace.'' Criston reminded him.

''You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!'' Viserys shouted in outrage.

''I'm very sorry, Your Grace.'' Harrold told him.

''The Kings guard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace.'' Criston remarked.

''That is no answer!'' Viserys spat.

''It will heal, will it not, maester?' Alicent offered

'The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace." Maester Kelvyn remarked solemnly.

''Where were you?'' Alicent spat slapping Aegon

''Me? Ow! What was that for?'' Aegon said flinching away from Alicent.

''That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool.'' Alicent sneered. "Your littlest sister went to his aid, and got hurt but you were drunk." Aegon looked to Ara, the purple and blue bruise on her cheek. As Alicent moved back to aemond and Aegon moved to Ara reaching out for her.

"I'm sorry Petal." he whispered kissing her forehead.

"It's not your fault." Ara whispered. She didnt want to tell them that Luke had lunged at him. She didnt want them to hurt jace and Luke, but Aemond was hurt really bad. Ara loved Aemond but she loved Jace. she didnt understand why they were down there. She didnt understand why they were shouting, it was a free dragon, there was nothing wrong with that.

"I should have been there." Aegon told her. "Maybe prevented this." He remarked.

"I told them to stop. No one was listening." Ara whispered.

''What is the meaning of this?'' Corlys demanded as him and his wife came in to see a bloody mess.

''Baela, Rhaena!'' Rhaenys declared ''What happened?'' Rhaenyra and Daemon came in next, Daemon looking smug as ever as he leaned against the door Rhaenyra ran to her boys.

''What happened? Jace? Luke! Show me. Show me.'' Rhaenyra demanded holding his face in her hands. ''Who did this?''

''They attacked me!' Aemond spat

''He attacked Baela!''

''He broke Luke's nose!'' they were all shouting contradicting statements.

''He stole my mother's dragon!'' Rhaena shouted.

"She beat up Ara too!" Aemond informed them. Rhaenyra looked to Ara, silent in all this as she held onto Aegon.

''Enough.'' Viserys said but they didn't stop.

''He was gonna kill Jace!'' Luke shouted back.

''I didn't do anything!'' Aemond shot back his eye sewed up a long stitch over his left eye.