37. The Problem Child

"Come on." Aemond requested pulling Ara with him and she laughed out as he led her down the long halls. Criston stiffened at Alicent's door when he saw them together. 

"It's fine, they are fine, not doing anything... nothing at all." Criston murmured to himself as he straightened at Alicent's door trying to push the thought away. He couldnt though, he took a step forward but stopped himself. He knocked on ALicent's door and promptly entered. "Are you sure you are okay with Aemond and our Ara?" Criston questioned desperately. Alicent chuckled wrapping her arms around him. 

"Yes." Alicent assured as she kissed him. "Now relax, you are too tense." she begged pulling him to a seat. 

"If you got me all excited for studying i'm going to be very disappointed." Ara remarked when they got to the library. Aemond let go of her hand and took a seat on the couch Ara moved to join him but he looked to the bookshelf. 

"Find me your favorite book." Aemond requested, Ara gave him a pointed look. "Go on." Aemond pushed as he got comfortable on the couch and Ara moved to the bookshelf she ran her hand over the spines. 

"Aemond, my dearest, dearest Aemond

"Aemond, my dearest, dearest Aemond." Ara spun to face him her back pressed against the book shelf. "I dont read." 

"Pick a book, any book then." Aemond agreed. Ara groaned not bothering to turn around, she reached behind her and started to tug a book free. "Now stop." Aemond shouted and Ara's face contorted confused, her lips puckered. "Come here." 

"You are confusing." Ara informed him as she sat beside him but he pulled her back to her feet. "Aemond!" Ara laughed out. 

"You are damn good at greenery, but the other elements." Aemond stood behind her running his hand over her hips. "Lets try air." 

"And we are in the library because?" Ara pondered. 

"That book, is sticking out. You are going to theoretically pull the book to us." Aemond remarked. 

"Look at you smarty pants." 

His breath was in her ear his hand glided down her arm raising it up. 

"Breathe in, breathe out..." Aemond whispered and Ara closed her eyes doing as he instructed. Aemond rested his chin on her shoulder and the books rattled on the shelf. 

+

"You guys get together. Without me." Aegon questioned as he pushed open Ara's door and saw Helaena and Ara together. 

"- I-" Ara held back a laugh. "- mean... well, sort of." Ara agreed.

"Yes, but it's not like..." Helaena assured.

"Okay, if you had been nearby, we would have included you." Ara teased as Daeron peered in. "Definitely would have invited Daeron but damn if he isnt at old town still."

"No, you wouldn't." Aegon sassed. 

"We wouldn't." Helaena agreed.

"Honestly." Daeron grumbled.

"Okay, I'm just saying that different siblings have different relationships with each other. And Ara and I..." Helaena remarked when Aemond came in.

"You all just hang out without me? Is that what I'm hearing?" Daeron questioned incredulously. 

"You have a relationship. With her. She talks to you." Aegon questioned curiously. Helaena and him were not really on speaking terms, they avoided each other. Aegon didn't understand Helaena.

"Yeah." Ara agreed.

"Hela tells you things about her life? Her? This woman does?" Aegon still couldn't believe it. "She doesnt just talk about bugs?"

"Yes. I don't want to talk to you." Helaena agreed. "Why should I?"

"What?"

"Hey, Ara mum was looking for you." Aemond cut in and Daeron groaned.

"Of course she was." Daeron agreed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ara questioned.

"Please." Daeron scoffed. "You've got Mom wrapped around your little finger. You two can hang out and get sweets all you want."

"Hang out and get sweets?" Ara questioned confused. "Is that what you think Mom and I are doing?"

"I don't care what you do." Aegon agreed. "It keeps her off my back."

"You get Mom all to yourself, just the way you like it." Daeron spat. Ara gaped back at him. 

"Clearly Daeron feels like..." Aemond began. 

"Oh, Daeron feels things? Wow, is that a new feature, Daeron two point fuck -up -grade?" Ara sassed. 

"Ara, Daeron clearly feels like Mom prefers you... Like you are her favorite." Aemond remarked. "I know, it's crazy." Aemond agreed pulling Ara to him.  "It's crazy, and talking favoritism is stupid anyway because I'm clearly her favorite." Aemond mused. 

"Mom and my relationship is so much deeper than her relationship with either of you." Aegon corrected. "I'm her first born."

"you're not her favorite." Helaena and Ara said in unison. 

"I'm not saying I'm her... Fuck it Ara's her favorite." Aegon agreed and Ara flipped her hair over her shoulder. 

"I'm not the favorite." Ara said modestly. 

"Yes, you are. She talks about you constantly." Helaena remarked factually. 

"My precious Aranyani blah-blah-blah, Wah-wah-wah." Daeron grumbled. 

"Okay, she does say those things," Aemond agreed and Ara smiled back at him. 

"When I have my own family I am gonna love my children equally." Daeron decided. 

"Equally? Who would want to procreate with you?" Ara countered.

"Well I wont ship my future imaginary children off like I was. Like was done to me." Daeron declared.  "Ejected me from this family. So then they can make you the perfect proper little princess."

"Perfect proper little princess?" Ara whispered. 

"And her first son fuck up." Daeron agreed. "Her charity case baby that lost an eye."

"Someone is moody." Ara murmured. 

"Are you kidding me? And worship at the altar of Aegon." Aemond remarked. 

"She doesn't worship me, she hates me." Aegon corrected. 

"She doesn't hate you." Ara assured. 

"A lot of the time... Her entire life is focused on you." Helaena agreed. 

"You're a mess. You're the problem child." Aemond agreed and Daeron smirked, this was taking a good turn. 

"She bends over backwards to help you, to fix you, to save you. She'd do anything for you." Ara declared confidently. "For all of us." 

"All she talks about is you." Daeron corrected.