7. Take Your Sweet Ass Time

Haunted // Aegon Targaryen x Vaera out now!!

"Are you going to walk me down the aisle when I marry Jace one day?" Ara asked leaning into Criston. He let out a sigh as he ran a hand through her hair. "That was a rhetorical question." Ara informed him. "You are."

"You studying with Aemond?" Cirston pondered. Ara was never one for using big words correctly.

"Yeah, he reads and I try to listen." Ara agreed. "He's really smart." Aemond smiled as she bumped her hip into him. "You are." Ara assured as Aemond held her hand.

"I'm glad he has you." Alicent added. She was hoping the Aranyanis crush would dwindle for Jace as the moons passed but two moons in and Ara was still completely in love with Jace and ready for their wedding one day. Alicent loved that Ara wanted Criston to walk her down the aisle.

"I dont know what I would do without Ara." Aemond agreed.

"You would be fine, your life would be less interesting though." Ara remarked and Aemond chuckled interweaving his fingers with hers.

"Of course Ara is the favorite. Daeron who? Never heard of him. Why did I come back? Helaena is not even here yet. She fled from this Gods forsaken family." Daeron muttered.

"Do you hear something Ara?" Aemond mused. "It's like a buzzing, a fly perhaps." Ara stuck her tongue out at Daeron as Aemond hugged her closer.

"So you are right? When I'm wed..." Ara questioned Criston and how could Criston say no to those deep green eyes staring back at him.

"One wedding at a time." Alicent offered.

"Whats taking so long?" Aegon groaned from the stage. "Petal, get up here. You and me gorgeous." Aegon half teased and Ara felt Aemond's grip on her tighten protectively.

~

"So you won't tell?" Ara asked. "You already promised to keep a secret."  she reminded criston after flying for the first time her two headed dragon, Terra and Flora, she wasnt supposed to but Aegon took her flying and it was the best moment of her little life.

"I think you asked if i wanted to know a secret, not that I would keep it." Criston countered.

"that was very much implied." Ara retorted.

"Ara, sweetie I have to tell your mother." Criston informed her and she held tight to his hands as she shook her head.

"NO! Please, I promise to wait next time. She will just worry," Ara reasoned.

"Ara-"

"Please daddy don't tell her." Ara declared and Criston stared back at her. "Criston." she corrected awkwardly. "Ser Criston don't tell her."

He wanted to cry. She called him daddy. She looked up at him waiting for an answer her hands still holding his.

"Alright," Criston agreed tucking her in.

"Thank you Criston." Ara whispered.

"Goodnight sweetie," Criston said kissing her forehead and blowing out the candle.

~

"Us ladies take time getting ready." Alicent offered.

"Perhaps the king can't walk down the aisle without assistance." Ara murmured.

"Father is fine." Daeron countered.

"How would you know? You havent been here for years." Ara reminded him.

"And whos bloody fault is that?" Daeron shouted.

"Enough, the both of you." Alicent begged. "She gets your temper." Alicent whispered in Criston's ear.