Lucille

As I raced through the hallway of Lulu's house, I quickly gathered myself. First, go to Ava's house and attack Ava. Second, escape. Third, attack Lulu and the stuffies. I kept going through my plan.

I didn't want to think about the truth, I've hidden the truth already, why can't I continue? But guilt stirred more strongly in me, no matter how much I tried to ignore it. I just can't get rid of Lulu's disappointed face and Ava's horrified expression.

I closed my eyes. Did I want to go with my plan? I hated how the stuffies could have a peaceful life with Lulu helping them, they weren't tortured by anyone. I opened my eyes and hurried out of the house.

I had a vague idea where Ava's house was, but I couldn't be sure. I checked to see if I had everything I needed. Stick? Check. Rope? Check. Myself? The last thought popped into my head.

I shook the thought off. But am I still myself? When I was in the Stuffy World, I wouldn't attack anyone, even if they did something to me. I would always forgive them. But escaping to the Human World had changed me more than I realized.

I stopped running and hesitated. I had a strong feeling I should go back to Lulu and apologize. Maybe I could talk to Ava about it too. Then everything would work out? Before I could decide, footsteps echoed toward me.

I held my breath and hid behind a shelf. "This is too dangerous, Dream." A voice said, sounding a little impatient. "Not for me! Please, I want to help too!" Another higher voice said eagerly.

"No, I know you want to help. But you are still not ready for battle. Lucille is very good at battling, Lulu already told us that. Remember what happened to Ava?" The first voice said.

"Yes, but I just think it's wrong for Lucille to betray us! I want to come with you to defeat Lucille! I wanna bring a stick and learn how to fight too! I just don't want to be left out." The higher voice said, sounding desperate.

I narrowed my eyes, so they were planning a battle against me. They already thought of me as an enemy, even if I haven't done anything to them. As I tried to sneak past them, the sound of footsteps drifted toward me again.

"Is the preparation done? We must hurry, Lucille might attack at any moment." A new voice said. I scowled, I knew this voice. It was Pandy, who protected Ava...from me. "Yes, Pandy. We have the sticks and rocks ready." The first voice said.

"May I come, Pandy?" The high voice said cheerfully. There was silence for a moment before Pandy answered, "Yes, of course! Come on, Dream. Let's get you a stick and some rocks." Pandy said.

All of them left. I thought I was alone, so I stepped out of my hiding place. But a scream captured my attention. I saw a stuffy running towards Lulu's bedroom, screaming. I knew trouble was coming.

I quickly tried to run towards the door, but it was too late. Lulu hurried over to me and picked me up. The stuffies surrounded Lulu as if they were afraid I might escape. Lulu walked into her room and sat down on the bed.

Pandy glared at me, "Lulu, shall I hold Lucille for you?" Lulu nodded warily and let go of me. Before I could move, Pandy used something to bind my wrists together. The stuffies watched this with interest.

"Right. Lucille has been captured, as you can see. Let's thank Pink for that." Lulu waited for the cheers to die down, "But let us turn our attention to Lucille. We must vote. Lucille, do you have anything to say for yourself?"

I was grateful that Lulu gave me a chance to say something, even though I didn't have anything to say. "I am sorry for running off. I didn't mean any harm. I admit I was trying to attack Ava, but I changed my mind." I said.

Many stuffies didn't look convinced at all, but at least I said something. Lulu nodded, "Thank you for being honest. Well, let's start voting. Those who wish for Lucille to be set free, please raise your....hand."

My heart sank as I watched a few stuffies hesitantly raise their hands. Lulu took a deep breath and said, "It looks like we only have a few votes. Lucille will be in the hole since you guys already have a new home."

Many stuffies looked relieved, some even shot glares my way. Lulu nodded at Pandy, "Take Lucille to the hole. I will question her later." Pandy bowed his head at Lulu and dragged me away.

"Let me go! I didn't do anything!" I hissed at Pandy. He shrugged, "You betrayed the stuffies, your kind! You deserve this. Guess Lulu decided not to give you a chance anymore, right?"

I struggled to get out of Pandy's grip, Pandy looked surprised that I would even try. His grip loosened. I quickly ran out of the hallway. I heard Pandy shout after me. He'll probably notify Lulu soon.

I heard footsteps behind me, I knew this was probably Lulu. I glanced behind me and saw Lulu hurrying toward me. I sped up and raced through the front door and out to the streets.

I wasn't sure if I made the right choice, even as I ran through the streets and to Ava's house. What if I was making a mistake? I ran even faster, trying to convince myself this was the right choice.