Ava

"How?" I asked, feeling excited. I needed to prove myself to them to get Lucille back. It really hurt me when Lucille pushed my hand away. It didn't hurt my hand physically, but it did hurt me emotionally.

"Ah, yes. Your job is to find one stuffy. Bring the stuffy to a location. I will tell you the location later. If the stuffy is hurt in any way, you will lose your chance. Bring the stuffy in perfect shape, and we will allow you to stay." Lulu said.

"Okay, where am I bringing the stuffy?" I asked. "There is a big area with only trees surrounding it. I will not tell you the address. It is part of your task." Lulu said, surveying me.

"Yes, of course. I'll.....I'll do it." I said, straightening up. That didn't sound too hard. Lulu just peered out of her window and saw a stuffy, maybe I could do that too. "Should I start now?" I asked as the thought appeared.

"Yes, you may start. None of us will help you. Oh, and also, you cannot ask anyone for help either. And do not attack us, or you will end up in a situation you would like less." Lulu warned me, smirking.

"Of course. It is part of the rules." I said, not wanting to give Lulu the satisfaction. "Yes, it is. Now, I will give you a treat. If you fail to accept this small treat, you will lose your chance." Lulu said, "One of the stuffies will speak to you in an area. I will lead you there."

"Okay. Are we doing it now?" I asked, feeling excited. "No, after you have found one stuffy and completed your task," Lulu said, smiling slightly. "Yes, I will be speaking with you," Pandy said, speaking for the first time.

"Oh, okay!" I said, hesitating, "But can I have a moment with Lucille?" Lulu looked at me for a moment, then said, "Fine. But be warned, if you harm Lucille, you will find yourself in----" "A situation you would like less. I know, I know." I said, sighing.

"Yes, that's right," Lulu said while leaving the room with Teddy and Pandy. Lucille remained. "Yes?" Lucille asked coldly. "Okay, I think they're gone. I know you're acting." I said, taking a deep breath.

"Acting?" Lucille asked, looking confused. "Yes, acting. Lulu must have threatened you to say all that. But it's fine now. They're gone, for now." I said hopefully. "No, I am not acting. You were very mean to me." Lucille scowled at me.

"W-what? But I never treated you unfairly. I even cleaned you!" I said. "Ah, that was cleaning? I thought it was drowning me!" Lucille said, anger in her voice, "And you never treated me like a human!"

"You're not a human, you're a stuffy." The words slipped out before I could stop them. I regretted them as soon as I said them. "Right." Lucille said even more coldly, "Of course. I will tell Lulu specifically not to give you a chance."

I stood there, unable to speak. Before I could say even a single word, Lucille stalked out. I sighed to myself. Maybe I had a chance once, Lulu had been willing to give me a chance, but now, Lucille probably already convinced Lulu that she shouldn't give me a chance.

I could even hear them outside right now. I sighed heavily. Lucille's voice rang out, "Ava just attacked me without warning. I was lucky, I quickly jumped out of the way and escaped."

"Oh, are you okay?" This time, Lulu's voice rang out, sounding concerned. "Yes, I'm fine. But I really don't think we should give Ava a chance." Lucille's voice rang out again with a pained note in it. It was clearly pretending.

"Oh, yes. Of course, I've just changed my mind. We will not give Ava a chance after this, of course. How dare she!" Lulu's voice rang out, sounding outraged. I heard footsteps and I saw Lulu walking toward me.

I braced myself, and I was right to do so. "So, I heard from Lucille......about some interesting news. I have decided that you will no longer have a chance. I gave it to you, but you threw it away." Lulu glared at me.

"Lucille lied! I never attacked her!" I said, trying to defend myself. But I knew it was no use. "Ah, so you were eavesdropping, were you? Now you have lost the chance again!" Lulu said, sounding angry.

"She......she tried to hit me. I was lucky I didn't get hurt." Lucille's voice sounded behind Lulu. Lulu turned around and said soothingly, "Yes, you are right. I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Shall I get Teddy or Pandy to take you back?"

"No, I'm fine. She didn't hit me, though she wanted to." Lucille put on a fake brave grimace. "Alright, if you're sure," Lulu said to Lucille. Lulu turned back to me, "Right, I've decided to let you go, you will never come back now." "Please, just give me another chance. Lucille is lying!" I said, desperate to make Lulu believe me.

"No, you've had enough chances," Lulu said before walking away with Lucille, Teddy, and Pandy. I tried to catch up, but they had already gone. I sighed to myself, this was one big mess.

I quickly gathered myself and made a plan. I would try to find them tomorrow, maybe I would stumble across them. But I knew it was highly unlikely. At least I have a plan. With that thought, I headed home.