Chapter 41. Menekşe

Rory's POV

After the confusing argument with Rileg and Ruby that ensued we went downstairs. Since the jet, I've been texting Zane to let him know of our approach.

When I told him I got home he asked for me to go over to his house. I agreed and told him to give me half an hour to unpack.

I didn't actually unpack sin e they take so much work. Instead, I took my toiletry bag to the bathroom and the suitcase to my closet.

I texted Zane my address so he can pick me up, it's the least he could do. My original thought was to change and look more presentable but I'm too tired too so I just brushed my hair into a neater ponytail.

Dow stairs with our si lings we are all silent just playing a movie that I don't think much of us are really paying attention to anyway.

Zane texts me that's he here and in stand up calling bye to everyone.

"Where are you going?" Jake asks me suddenly alert to his surroundings.

"A friend asked to hang out," I tell him simply, trying not to bring up the gender of my friend knowing how overprotective he can be.

"Which friend?"

"A good one." I smiled sweetly and walk to the front door trying to secretly speed walk.

"Wait, Rory." I hear from behind me causing me to speed up. I rip open the door and slam it shut rushing towards Zane's car.

I fling the door open and slam it a little hard shut.

"Go! Go!" He looks alarmed but starts driving anyway not as fast as I would like him to but whatever.

"Want to tell me why you were running." He asks me looking briefly over at me.

"Nope." I pop the 'p' and look around his car. The outside is matte black but the inside is also mainly black but has hints of dark red. I wonder where he bought it.

His center control panel thing is so fancy. The passenger and the driver have separate air controls, seat warmers, Bluetooth, and a cool GPS setup.

I don't even want to touch anything knowing everything in this car is expensive. Zane doesn't talk much about his family but, I do know his family is insanely rich as far as I'm aware not mafia rich.

He co tones driving with one hand on the wheel and the other on his chin occasionally rubbing it when something annoying happens. I spend most of the ride to his house watching him.  His dark hair falls over his eyes a lot but sometimes it looks intentional. His blue eyes are always so light and piercing. His jawline is sharp and his knuckles are littered with small scars. 

He has tattoos covering his arms and sneaking up his neck a little. Usually, he wears a black shirt and black jeans but today he's sporting black sweatpants and a white hoodie. 

"Are you just gonna keep staring at me or are you gonna talk about your trip?" He startles me out of my staring. 

"Well, what do you wanna hear about?"

"Anything."

"Um... we went to the beach and I found some sea shells."

"On the seashore."

"Actually the ocean. The sea and the ocean are similar but technically different." I tell him with a smirk on my face. 

"Ok smarty pants what else did you do?"

"I went to dinner and had lunch a few times. We also went to the beach it was sunny and very pretty. Sadly I didn't get to see any coral reefs though."

"Do you want to see coral reefs?"

"Abousley. Coral itself is beautiful, and the animals that live on the coral reef are pretty. I always wanted to see one in real life." I dreamily think of ever seeing a coral reef. 

"Come on Princess, we're here." I look out the window to see a giant house. It's more modern looking than our house, it has large windows which seem to me like an invasion of privacy. It has tall, green bushes lining the underneath of the windows. It has at least three stories and possibly a hidden basement. 

I'm too busy gawing at this giant house to notice Zane has my door open and his hand outstretched. I smile sheepishly and grab it letting him help me out of the car. I stand up with Zane holding my left hand, he drags me up the few stairs and opens the door. We walk inside the house. 

"Where are we going exactly?" I ask him as he leads me past the kitchen, and living room. 

"To my room." I look a little startled as he leads me up a set of stairs. He drags me down a hallway and stops momentarily in front of a door before opening it. We walk inside, his room is a typical boys' room in my opinion. Kinda like Jakes but cleaner. 

He has a basket of folded laundry on his floor next to a door which I assume is a closet. He has a second door which is a bathroom, I assume. His bed is against the wall, with count 'em 4 pillows. I'm so proud. 

"What does your mom do?" I ask him while I sit down on his bed and he sits next to me. 

"How do you know my mom lives here?"

"Because your room is clean, your bed is made, and your laundry is folded," I told him looking around his room. 

"Wha-"

"I think you forget that I have 5 older brothers. None of their rooms are this clean. Only a mother would have this type of the influence." I think back to how one of our chores with my mother was scrubbing the floor.

"Wow." He looks over at me. 

"So."

"My mom is my dad's assistant."

"Assistant for what?"

"Is this your 'subtle' way of asking what my parents do?" He put air quotes when he said 'subtle'. 

"Yes." I nod my head at him, giving him a small smile. He chuckled and liked his bottom lip.  I watched him do it focusing on his lips. 

"My parents run a security company." 

"Cool." I nod and continue to stare at him. 

"You know I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you told me." 

"Are you accept my apology or are you going to continue to be a smartass?"

"Option B, please," I smirk. He smirks back with a special glint in his eyes. Before I can even blink he tackles me on the bed and positions himself above me holding my hands over my head. I shriek a little bit. 

"Seriously Princess." He lowers his body a little closer to me letting his hoodie fall on my chest but his chest not touching me. 

"You asked."

"I asked?" I nod slowly while he tips his head to the side. 

"Your right I did ask. So how about you think about it a little bit longer."

"Fine, option a sounds good."

"Good choice."

"Are you gonna get up?"

"No." He shakes his head a little, looking smug.

"Ok." I lick my lips. He looks at my lips then at my eyes then back at my lips. 

"Can I?" I nod and part my lips slightly. I'm not entirely sure what he's asking but I'm not against anything, for the most part, at this point. 

He leans down and presses his lips into mine. I can't push up as his hands are still holding mine but he presses hard.