Chapter 35-Violetti

Ryan's POV

"Kids get down here!" Dad called us. Me and Levi left the music room and made our way to the living room. Oliver, Dad, and Jess are already there but I can hear the other boys upstairs. 

Me and Levi sit down and Milo comes and sits next to me as we wait for everyone else to come down. With everyone down and sitting we all look at dad expectantly. 

"Your grandparents just called informing us of this year's trip." Everyone looked really happy but me and my sisters. 

"Where are we going?"

"What trip?" Rory and Ruby asked at the same time.

"Every year we go on a huge family trip and spend a week. We skip school and work and no one's allowed to leave early or skip out unless like a serious thing comes up." Jessica explained to us. 

"This year we are going to the Cook Islands off of New Zealand." I could see Riley smile as he said this. 

"But, your grandparents told me late this year. We are leaving tomorrow morning." We all looked shocked and jumped up and ran to our rooms. We have like a 12-hour notice to pack for like a week-long trip. 

I go to my room and grabbed my suitcase, Milo and Levi took me shopping last week and had me get stuff for summer along with a new suitcase. I throw it on my bed and went to my closet. Looking at all of my clothes I realize I have no idea what the weather is like in New Zealand. 

Pulling up my weather app I search for the Cook Islands. It is supposed to be warm the whole time we are there, perfect. I look through my clothes grabbing out all of my shorts and short-sleeved tops. I pick out 6 pairs of shorts and 8 shirts. I get out a pair of more athletic shorts for the plane ride. 

I pick out two sundresses and grab a fancier pair of sandals, sneakers, and then everyday sandals. I leave my closet and throw the clothes on my bed and go back for pajamas and swimsuits, undergarments. 

I go to my bathroom and find some travel-sized soaps. I knew Levi had a reason for buying me this. I finish packing everything and set an alarm for tomorrow. I eat dinner and go to bed, excited about the flight tomorrow. 

I was wrong I hate this flight. I was woken up at 3 in the morning, and we are only in LA. We had to fly to LA so we could get to the Cook Islands. Dad's private plane did have a bedroom we could use but with 9 other siblings, the chances of using that went out the window. As soon as we board Rory and Jake took over the bed. The rest of us have sprawled out around the plane, some of us working and on our phones. 

The flight attendant came around and offered food that I did eat but granola bars only so far. We just got to LA, it's 5:00 am but the flight was almost 6 hours. We're going through the airport waiting for the flight to get refueled or whatever. 

Dad and Oliver walked away from us and went to find our coffee and some decent snacks. I grab my phone looking at my notifications. When the plane is ready we have another almost 10-hour flight. Grandma and Grandpa left last night after they called us. 

I got more information last night at dinner. Grandma and Grandpa plan all the trips and just tell us when and where to go. They forgot to tell us, apparently, Grandma is older than she looks. Aunt Angelina and her family left at about the same time as us, Uncle Azazel left even before us. 

Leaning my head on Levi I try to keep from dozing off. Oliver walks over with two drink carriers sets them down on one of the small tables, and hands out coffee for everyone but me and our sisters. I look up at Oliver with my hand outstretched for my coffee. 

"You think I would get my little sisters coffee." He shakes his head and reaches out and pinches Riley's cheek. We all glared at him wanting caffeine. 

"Don't worry girls I brought you hot chocolate." Dad comes to the rescue and hands us all hot chocolate. I open the lip to see mini marshmallows floating and sinking to the bottom. I smile and take a sip loving the war liquid that runs down my throat. 

Despite it being like 70 degrees the warm liquid is amazing right now. We sit there for a few more minutes in silence until Dad gets a call and makes us all stand up. 

"Come on the plane is ready for us" We all follow Dad but Rory who whines at Jake. Jake grumbles under his breath and kneels down as Rory hops on his back. I shake my head and start walking with the group. This time we don't have to go through security but rather go straight to the plane. 

We go up the steps and I make my way to one of the chairs with a table in front of it. I grab one of my books, don't judge, but anyway I set the book on the table and lean my phone on it. I carefully open up my Netflix app and get out my headphones. 

I turn on my newest addiction,72 Dangerous Animals Asia, I turn it on to the fourth episode and ignore everyone around me. I downloaded this one season and the other series about Latin America. they are short but fascinating. 

I continue to watch my show until someone taps my shoulder, I look over without taking out my headphones to see Levi there with his mouth moving. Seeing that he is not getting the hint I take out my headphone and look at him with a look telling him to repeat himself. 

"Huh?"

"I asked if you were hungry."

"Oh, sure what you got?" He got into his backpack and showed it to me but hide it from the others. I saw inside it so see he has a bag full of snacks from mini bags of chips to fruit snacks and even suckers. 

I reach in and grab a cotton candy sucker. 

"I meant food, not candy." He gives me a disappointed look. 

"Not my fault you didn't specify." I open the sucker and put my headphone back in. We have like 7 more hours of this flight and my ass hurts from this chair. Deciding to move spots I look around to see every else spot is taken by either someone or their bag. Moving my phone and book to the floor I lay on my stomach and use my arms as a pillow. 

"Are we there yet?"