Chapter 2- Ivy

Riley's POV

Walking into my and Rory's room she grabs out our suitcases from under the bunkbeds Rory begged for. I head to the closet and grab our clothes. We don't have much in general but we have enough to not seem suspicious. 

Our mom was always good at hiding her true intention. She had rules for us in order to uphold her image perfectly. When we moved here she had taken a job at some office building that made good money. When everything started to go downhill she made sure everything still looked great. 

She had us buy new clothes for school, never showed any bruises, and most importantly never her true colors to outsiders. To others, she was a kind, hard-working single mom who was selfless and a beacon of light. To us she was from hell, never showed any love, and expressed her emotions through anger. 

Grabbing the last bits of my clothes I stuff them into my black suitcase noting how Rory has grabbed our other items. In mine, I had pictures of us four when we were little, and a puzzle piece necklace. When we were in middle school we saved up money together and bought matching necklaces but had to hide them from mom. 

I set my clothes down and push them into my case while Rory moves to the closet for her clothes. We left our brother and dad downstairs. When I was younger and still slept I would have dreams of a happy family and until we told each other about them we all assumed it was just a dream. 

We figured out that there were most likely suppressed memories, when we asked our mom she freaked out and threw a glass cup at us. Fun times. 

Leaving my room I walk across the hall to the bathroom we all four share. In the past, people have been like oh you must all love sharing things but no. For the most part, we all would rather be separated in our rooms and our own spaces. 

Our house isn't small but it isn't spacious either. People always assumed we were the same person. Teachers and even friends never knew how to tell us apart. We were forced to wear name tags in our younger grades to help our teachers identify us. It's stupid. In my opinion, if you can't tell which sister I am then you don't need to talk to me. 

It's probably why no one talks to me anymore unless they of course think I'm someone else. Grabbing my concealer, mascara, and my eyebrows things. Before you go and say 'didn't you say that your mom didn't buy you things' well most of the personal items we have, have been bought by yourself. 

Makeup. I bought. Hair products. I bought. Jewelry. I bought. You get my point my stuff has been bought by me. I grab my other hygiene products and stuff them in my suitcase. Rory already had her stuff out so I grabbed her suitcase and we made our way downstairs. 

I think I can say this for all of us when I say that none of us will miss this house and the secrets are hidden under the paint or the haunting memories. Ryan and Ruby are downstairs already with our dad. 

When they notice us the boys help us with our stuff and lead us back to the SUV.