Chapter 22- Mac

Riley's POV

Everything is back to normal. I think. It's been a few days since Dad revealed his big secret to us. It was awkward with you know the sly glances at each other and the conversations that would stop. 

After Rory yelled at them to act normal we went back to before. Right now I'm on the couch stuck watching the news. The three that work came home early today and Dad turned on the news. 

Get this I was already watching something and they came in and changed it. But Dad was like I pay for it so I get to change it. Then Oliver said that if I don't like it then I could go to my room. So I'm trying to prove a point by staying here, but this is boring as hell. 

Oliver and Dad both have a glass of whiskey in their hands and arent even watching the news. They're talking about their mafia, and Jessica left a long time ago. 

"If you're not going to watch the tv can I change it?" 

"No, Riley you can always go to your room."

"You guys suck."

They both chuckle and take a sip. I resort to grabbing my phone and scrolling. 

"Can we have a game night?" I ask them after seeing an ad for monopoly.

"Sure go get everyone else down here." 

I get up and check the kitchen first. I see Levi there searching through the pantry. 

"Whatcha doing?"

"I wanted to make a pie but we don't have all the ingredients."

"You bake?"

"Yes, I make all the cakes for the parties we have but Jake's he likes ice cream, not cake." 

"Oh, didn't know that. We're having a family game night and attendance is mandatory. Meet in the living room." 

"Ok. I'll be there."

"Good I wasn't asking."

I leave the kitchen and head up the stairs. Milo's room first. I knock and hear no answer so I go in. Milo lays on his bed with his headphones in and his eyes closed. I walk over and lean over him. He must feel my gaze as he opens his eyes and falls off his bed noticing me standing over him. 

"Jesus Riley, what the hell?"

"Hi."

"Hi, what do you want?"

"We're having a game night, go downstairs." I point to his door as h smiles and gets up. 

I leave his room before he can respond and head to Jake's room. I knock, you never know what he could be doing. 

"Come in."

"It's not even your room ass hat." I walk in after hearing a slap. Jake is on his bed and Blake is also there but with he's holding his head and leaning away from Jake. 

"Hey, Riley what's up."

"We're having a game night, report downstairs in 5 minutes."

"Yeah yeah. We'll be down."

I leave his room hearing another slap and an 'ow' from Blake. I walk down and knock on Rory and Ryan's doors. I tell them both about the plans and they head down. 

I saw Jessica outside and she goes down. Last door, Ruby. I don't bother knocking since, to be honest, I'm pretty tired of all of this knocking. I walk in and don't see her but her bathroom light is on. 

I sit on her bed and wait for her to come out. Ruby walks out in a cute matching plaid skirt and short sleeve shirt. Her makeup is done, her hair is curled and she has on cute pair of heels.

"Where are you going?" She jumps not noticing me. 

"Oh, I have plans with my friends. Did I not tell you? My bad." 

"Where are you guys going?"

"They want to go to the mall, then get food and maybe a movie." She's looking around her room and finds her purse. 

"Sounds fun." 

"Yeah, did you have a reason to be in here"

"We were going to have a game night but since you already have plans don't worry bout it." 

"Kay."

I leave her room going downstairs where Jessica carries in a few board games. I sit down between Oliver and Dad.

"Where's Rubs?"

"She had plans with her friends so she's leaving."

"I didn't realize that was today." Dad looks at the table questioning something. 

"Well let's get on with the games."

Third Person POV

The family played their games all night. Jake tried to cheat but Rory would slap his hand when he swiped money from the bank. William ended up winning the games, showing no mercy to his children. 

While the family was distracted setting up their game Ruby snuck out of her house. She got in the car that was waiting for her at the end of her driveway. 

She had learned how to get in and out without detection. She slipped into the dark blue car shutting the door, she turned to the driver with a beautiful smile on her face.

"Hey."

"Damn I thought you would never get here."

"Please like I would miss this for the world." 

"You ready?"

"Always."