Chapter 14- Irisz

Rory's POV

"Hey, Riley are you back?" I knock on her door waiting for an answer. 

"Yeah come in." I walk into her room sneering at her decorations. 

"What's with the face?"

"Your room?"

"What's wrong with my room?" Riley holds on to the clothes she is currently folding. 

"Nothing, just it's so dark."

"It's black and grey. It's not even a dark grey."

"Yeah, but you could always choose a brighter color to add to your life."

"For your information, I like it like this."

"What dark and gloomy like a haunted mansion."

"No dark and gloomy like a dragon's cave. It brings me comfort knowing that my room is uninviting to others." She lifts her nose proudly before smiling. 

"You're so weird."

"Says the one who wanted a pet shark."

"Hey, that would've been awesome."

"Whatever. Did you need something?"

"Oh yeah. I wanted to know how your shopping trip went."

 "Good I got a new swimsuit, some cute pieces of jewelry, and snacks."

"What kind of snacks?"

"The kind that you can't have." She pushes my head away from her. 

"Fine."

"How was school?"

"Good but Zane got detention."

"I'm afraid to ask how?"

"Oh well after lunch we went to class right. The teacher had asked us to turn in our homework. Zane told him his dog ate his homework when the teacher started asking questions Zane told him to mind his business. He did not like that." 

"So your friends with delinquents."

"He is not a delinquent miss 4 suspensions."

"Hey, it was only 3 I was proven innocent in the fourth one."

"But you did do it. I saw you."

"But the cameras didn't."

"Okay, you are further proving my point."

"You know if you're just gonna insult me you can leave my room."

"No your room is fun."

"Why because it's haunted." She wiggled her fingers out in front of her. 

"No. Your room is the cleanest."

"Let me guess your's is messy like always."

"Hey back with mom my room never had anything on the floor."

"Two things wrong with that statement. One we didn't have anything at Mom for you to leave on the floor. And two we shared a room so I picked up everything." She went into her closet carrying a pile of clothes.

"I'm leaving."

"Ok bye." I heard her from her closet and left her door slightly ajar just to mess with her.

I walk over to the other side of the hallway and walk over to Jake's room. I don't bother knocking and walk-in. His room is disgusting. There are clothes everywhere and his bed is messed up. 

"Jake you in here?"

He walks out of his bathroom with his phone in his hand. 

"Please tell me you washed your hands."

"I don't know you tell me." He loved closer trying to put his hands in my face. I run away and jump on his bed and run across and hop off it getting away from him. 

"You're gross." 

"Whatever." He takes a seat on his bed putting one hand behind his head and the other scrolling through his phone.

"I'm hungry." No response.

"I'm cold." He continues scrolling. 

"I'm bored." No response.

"I have a boyfriend."

"What?"

"So that gets your attention." I roll my eyes and kick clothes out of my way.

"You better by lying Rory."

"Of course I am. Do you think Riley would let a boy within arms reach of me if she knew his intentions?" 

"Fair point. So why are you here?"

"I wanted to hang out- why is there a bra on your floor?" I pick up the bra by the strap holding it far out in front of me. 

"Uhh-umm. Give me that." He rips it out of my hands and stuffs it under his pillow. For real why would he have a bra? Wait.

"Eww." I run out of his room hearing his laugh behind me. I run down the stairs to the kitchen. I rush over to the sink ignoring Blake eating ice cream at the counter. I scrub my hands trying to get rid of any disease it may have given to me. 

"What are you doing?" 

"You don't want to know." He laughs and eats his ice cream. 

"Can I have some?" 

"Sure it's in the freezer." I grab the tub of cookies and cream ice cream. I go to grab a bowl but climb on the counter and reach for a bowl. I don't see why everything is so tall Jessica is not even tall only our brothers and dad are tall enough to reach. 

I bend down and set the bowl on the counter and hop off the counter. I grab a spoon and use it to scoop my ice cream not wanting to create more dishes. I try to wash my dishes but when the maids are in the kitchen they never let me help. 

I get my ice cream and sit with Blake as he tells me stories about the boys.