Chapter 38. Mak

Rory's POV

After we got done playing games we all went to bed but I stayed up on my phone. At first, I was playing games and then Zane started to non-stop text me. After about 10 minutes of ignoring him, he called me. I declined the first 5 but then he texted me again and I decided to answer in hopes he would leave me alone.

Me: Stop calling me.

Zane: Answer me.

Me: No.

Zane: Answer Me, Rory

Zane: Please

Me: Why should I?

Zane: Because I can't apologize if you don't talk to me.

Me: I'm listening

Zane: I'm sorry

Me: For what

Zane: For trying to control you

Me: I don't understand what you have against Devin

He doesn't text me for 2 minutes, I think he's ignoring me. I wait another minute and go to put my phone down when he calls me. I decide to answer it. 

"Rory"

"Yes. Why did you call me?"

"I wanted to explain myself in person but since you won't be back calling is the next best thing."

"Go ahead." He sounds sad and tired. 

"I was wrong to try to tell you can't be friends with Devin but please you have to trust me when I tell you that Devin is not a person you should be friends with."

"How do you know that?" I'm confused when we met he just got out of trouble and it's the same with Devin. 

"Rory, it's hard to explain."

"Try, please," I beg him. 

"Princess, Devin does bad things, things that can get you hurt." Princess? I kind of like it.

"Like what?" 

"I can't tell you but please believe me."

"Fine, but you must promise to tell me one day." I propose the idea to tell me later in hopes he takes the bait. 

"Okay, but you have to talk to me the rest of your time away." I smile at him wanting to talk to me. 

"Deal, by the way, I like skittles." 

"Why would I need to know?"

"How was your day?" I ignore his question on purpose. 

"It was fine, nothing notable. How was yours?"

"Good, we went shopping and then had a game night."

"What'd you buy?" 

"Some swimsuits, a few cute tops, and a new dress, and Jake got me a charm bracelet." I smile at my shopping adventures. I had forced Jake, Blake, and Vincent with me. Vinnie mainly complained and followed after us. Blake kept giving me suggestions that were awful. Somehow he can dress nice enough but when it comes to me? No at one point he had shown me a shirt that was fully old lady patterned. Think of your grandma's church dress that made it a shirt. 

All of the clothes I found were my own findings. I would ask the boys for opinions but I got the same answers every time. 'No too short' or Blake's personal favorite 'Cute baby sis, but hell no.' When we were leaving Jake walked away from us for like 20 minutes I was mad but when he came back I was so excited. He bought me a charm bracelet, it's silver with pink and gold beads. It has multiple charms that Jake had to pick out himself, he got me a charm resembling a poppy flower - my middle name- then he got me a number 4, an R charm, and a little knife. It looks a little weird but he said it was for our family, so I like it. 

"That's nice, when are you coming home?" 

"We should be leaving in 2 days but I'll be back in school in 3 days I think." We're getting back on a Sunday but Dad already told us he would let's skip Monday to recuperate. 

"Ok, text me when you get back."

"I will, I need to go to bed soon."

"I'll let you sleep. Have a goodnight, Princess." I smile and tell him goodnight and we both hang up. I put my phone down and get comfy in bed. It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep once I close my eyes.