Chapter 1- Iris

Third Person's POV

The girls looked around the police station. Rory was tapping her foot against the floor creating a light echo. Riley was digging her hands into her knees trying to find any form of control she could. Ryan and Ruby were staring at the door waiting for their social worker and the officer to come back in with news. 

A few hours prior the girls were enjoying a quiet evening while their mother was out of the house. Someone was at eth door, two officers were waiting for the girls and had delivered the news that their mother had died in a car accident an hour ago. They were taken from their dingy house to meet their social worker who was hoping for them to find family. 

The girls thought they had a family but with their mother's absence, they never had any factual information. The lady had left the room with Rory's DNA sample hours ago. The clocking ticking on the wall only made them all get more anxious and annoyed wondering when they could leave.

The girls were unable to grab anything so they all sat bored in the room. The officers had shown them the bathroom and left them alone assuming they would be grieving. None of the girls were thrilled that their mother was dead I mean it was their mom, but they weren't sad about her passing. Their mother had not been a mom since they could remember, none of their memories with her were happy or enjoyable. The most common emotion tied to each was pain, both physical and mental. 

The chipper government worker came into the room with a large smile on her face and papers in her hand. 

"Good news girls, we were able to find your family and they have agreed to take your custody."The social worker looked at them trying to find a difference between the blue-eyed black-haired beauties.  When she was given this case she was told there were quadruplets but never that they were identical. The differences only showed in their personalities and style but until you learned about them you would be lost. 

"I'm sorry ma'am but we weren't aware of any family could you tell us who they are?" Rory's sweet voice asked barely audible from her tone. The social worker looked sad when she heard the girls had never known their own family but quickly replaced it with her smile.  

"Yes dear, your dad was given custody and is on his way and I was able to find you do have siblings but I don't have access to their files so that's all I know." All four of them nodded in sync while she smiled. 

"You girls are gonna have to stay here tonight, your dad will be here in the morning to take you back home. It's not the best but it's the rules sadly. I'm gonna have some officers get you guys some blankets and pillows ill be back in a minute." She left the room. 

"Do you think they'll be nice?" Rory asked worried about her new family's reaction to them. This proves that the flashbacks and dreams of playing with people and feeling loved weren't imagined between them but it's been 11 years at least. A lot can change in 11 years. 

Rory's leg started to bounce more when no one answered her question she had last in between Riley and Ruby who were both now staring at the floor taking in deep breaths. Rucy noticed the quickened movement out of her eye and moved to comfort her. 

"Of course, they will be, and if not I'm sure you of all people can win them over." Ruby gave her a smile that instantly calmed her and reassured her bout her many doubts. The girls sat ins silence while the social worker came back in with a few blankets and pillows. 

The room they were in was like a waiting room, it had a small couch on one wall and a table with metal chairs. On the other wall, there were chairs and a small bench seat. The social worker set the bedding on the couch and gave the girls a sad smile before leaving the room for the night. No one else came in the rest of the night while they were asleep. 

Rory had taken the couch while Ruby was on the bench. Ryan and Riley were sitting in chairs. Ryan had moved a few chairs to create a makeshift bed while Riley stayed in her chair awake. The other three had never had any problem falling asleep but Riley had been diagnosed with insomnia years ago but never got any treatment. Riley watched over her sisters while she got lost in her thoughts waiting for the sun to come up.