Chapter 37. Bršljan

Ruby's POV

We've been here for two days now and everyone is here and happy. Mostly, everyone, Riley hates it. Grandma neglected to tell us that one of the activities she planned was the beach. We forgot to tell her that Riley is terrified of the water. 

Everyone in our family found out when Grandma made us go to the beach on our first day here. 

"Where are we?" I asked Dad when he pulled over the car. This morning when we got ready Grandma refused to tell us where we were going only that we need to bring something for everything. 

I currently have a tote bag with my swimsuit, my wallet, and a water bottle with snacks. I'm wearing a cute plain blue shirt and white shorts and sandals. 

"Why don't you look out the window and see," Dad suggested for us all to do. I roll my eyes and look out the car window to see the empty beach with the ocean spreading out. I smile at visiting the beach excited about it. I see Rory hopping out of the car with Vincent and Jake holding open her door and being dragged behind her toward the beach. 

We all get out and make our way toward the beach. The adults of course set everything up being responsible while me and my sisters make our way towards the changing rooms. I quickly get changed into my yellow two-piece with bows on the front in between my boobs and two bows on the side of my hips. 

I get out and make my way back to our family. Walking on the sand is always awkward and I hate it. I get back to our stuff to find all of the teenage boys already playing in the water and the adults on the beach looking like they are finally having a great time. I sit down on a towel and a Riley comes up behind me and sits next to me on her own towel. 

Rory and Ryan ignore us and head into the water splashing each other. My aunts and grandma sit down next to their husbands admiring their kids and grandkids. Loving the feeling of the warm sun I lay down and close my eyes trying to get my tan on. This is just what I needed, I don't even know what I saw in Bradley. 

I should have known no one with the name Bradley is a good dating option. I'm just glad he got what he deserved, Riley beating his ass. He should have known that there is a reason we are all scared of telling Riley about our relationship problems. 

Just seeing his beat-up face made me feel a little better but relaxing on a tropical beach is the best medicine. 

"Girls aren't you going to go swim with the other kids?" Nonna asks us noticing we are the only kids still here. 

"No." We both answer her at the same time. 

"I'm working on my tan. I'll go later." I explain to her and lay back down. 

"Riley." I hear Dad ask her.

"Why do I need a reason?" She asks a little snippy. 

"You don't," Dad tells her and they seem to leave it alone and talk about other things. Little Kenna walks over at one point and asks me and Ri to go play with them. I agree since I've been laying around for a while and this is our only plan for the day. I get up and grab one of her hands so we can walk together. 

"Riley, are you coming?" Her little voice asks so innocently as she looks at Riley. 

"Oh no, maybe in a little bit, Ash and I were actually talking about really important stuff." Ash looks confused at her but Kenna doesn't really notice and drags me towards the water. We all play around for a bit until Rory notices Riley's disappearance. 

"Why isn't Riley with us?" I shrug not believing her excuse. "Party Pooper." 

"Why don't we just go get her and bring her to the water?" Blake suggests and we all nod. We form a plan. Milo and Blake walk up to Riley to distract her and start talking to her, while Vincent and Jake sneak behind her. The rest of us stay behind in the water.