Chapter 39. Ljubičica

Riley's POV

We're finally on our way home. Don't get me wrong I love my family but being trapped with them for a week is the last thing I want to do. I swear if Blake jumps on my bed one more time, I'm going to kill him. 

We're all sitting on the stupid plane. Dad and Oli are on their computers and have been making phone calls all afternoon and have had hard glares on their faces since we got on the plane. I know everyone is wondering what is wrong but we're all too scared to ask.  

Jake and Rory are sitting next to each other both on their phones, I think texting. Ryan is in the corner reading with Levi next to her writing in a notebook occasionally asking Ryan something. Ruby is on her phone as well, and Milo and Blake are messing with Jessica while she tries to do something on her computer. 

I'm sitting on the couch watching everyone do their things. I keep my eyes on Dad and Oliver watching their tense movements and the scowls on their faces. Dad's phone rings, he looks at it and then at Oliver. They both look upset, Dad gets up and walks to the back of the plane. Everyone else seems to not notice their behavior, but I watch them. How their jaws clench and their typing gets harder. Dad's voice is quiet but firm, showing him trying to keep his anger intact. 

A few minutes go by and Dad comes back over with nothing but anger on his face. He sighs and whispers something to Oliver causing him to tense up also. 

"Dad, what's wrong?" Jessica looks up and finally notices the tension on one side of the plane has accumulated. Oliver and Dad look over at her and see us all looking at them. 

"Nothing," Oliver answers for him. 

"Really is that why Dad looks pissed? Nothing." Jessica starts to get a visible attitude with them. 

"Jess drop it," Oliver warns her and takes a glance over at me. 

"No, Oliver. What the hell is going on?"

"The girls are being threatened," Dad tells us. 

"What?" Jess asks him suddenly much calmer with a look of fear in her eyes. 

"We've been receiving notes threatening the girls. On the day we left a package was delivered to our house. One of the guards put it on a table for us he noticed after two days a weird odor and something had spilled on the table. When he opened the box he found." He stops talking for a minute and rubs his forehead. 

"Dad, what was in the box?" Blake asks him leaning forward, arms on his knees. 

"The box had David Smith's head in it," Oliver speaks for Dad. "With 4 'R's carved in the forehead." At this, we all look over at him in shock. What he told us leaves little room for guessing who it was meant for. 

"Who was it addressed to?" I ask them. 

"You, Ruby, Ryan, and Rory." He looks at each of us when he says our name.

"You said notes." Ryan points out causing Dad and Oliver to look at each other.

"Since we've gotten you four back we've been receiving letters threatening you four. We haven't been able to find out who it is yet."

"Why haven't you said anything?" I ask him, more upset that I didn't realize the him not telling us.

"They haven't been serious."

"What did they say?" I can tell from everyone but Dad's and Oliver's face that they also didn't know.

"At first it was the basic threats. Saying hiw they knew about you four. Then a few weeks ago they started getting serious they mentioned your school and friends. We realized they have been watching you four." He confesses to us.

"And tou didn't tell us?" Jake stands upnand storms over to Dad obviously pissed.

"I made a choice."

"A choice that could have gotten then killed. What were you jut gonna tell us after one of them got hurt or kidnapped?" Jake asks him with a rethorical like question but one that I actually want the answer to.

"I was gonna tell you when the time was right."

"When would that be?" Jessica this tiems speaks up looking betrayed that not even she knew.

"When we had more information. We have nonidea whontbey are.if they are serious."

"They know about are friends how much more seriousness do you need?" Ruby keeps her tone even but you can see the fear and frustration in her eyes.

"We've have dealt with this before. It old do us no good idmfmwe went in without. A plan especially if thye mean nothing and are no real danger. I would rather wait and take out the proper enemy then create a new one." He tells us getting louder and more angry as he goes on.

We all go quiet not wanting to test his rage. He's keep it together this long why keep pushing. We all go back to doing our own things with a thick tension in the air now.

I understand why he did what he did but could he nor have told us and still foud out who did it.

I look around the plane to see a mixture of anger, betrayl, and fear.

My only worry is what if they can't found out who did it?