Fair Lady

Since the day I had the duel with Cassian, it got extremely hard to even see him for a minute. I tried to have a chat with him several times and each time he would run saying he was "busy".

And that's how half a month passed.

"But why?!" I asked not hiding my frustration.

"Please calm down Lady Rosemarie." Aether said as we stood outside Cassian's office.

"Just why won't you tell me anything, Aether? Why is he avoiding me? It's been over two week since i last saw him! but he won't accept an audience from me!"

"His highness is just busy..." 

Oh no. I'm not taking that nonsense anymore.

"Look, Aether, let me in or I will force my way in." I won't have a problem taking him down, I was confident about my skills but he definitely had more experience.

Aether stopped for a moment before letting out a sigh, "I don't want to fight you Lady Rosemarie. But I need to follow orders from the Prince no matter what."

As he said that, the door of the office opened on it's own from inside and revealed a messy head Cassian.

He had a confused look on his face that turned into a surprised one as soon as he saw me.

"Ro-Rose?! What are you doing here?" he asked as he glanced at Aether for a second.

He looked different. And I was stunned. He had lost weight and had bags under his eyes. It didn't take a genius to tell he wasn't doing good.

I wanted to yell at him for not letting me see him. I wanted to scream and cry at the same time. I wanted to ask him if he was okay. I wanted to know if I did something wrong. A mix of emotions rushed into me and I just wanted to hug him. But before I could answer his question, a voice came from behind him, interrupting my thoughts.

"Cassian? Who's there?" A pitched female voice. I peeked inside and there she was... sitting in the sofa me and Cassian used to have tea on.

She looked back and we made eye contact, "Oh my, is that the fiancée of yours?" 

In a matter of a few seconds she was already in front of me. And I could finally see her properly.

I couldn't say anything. She was drop-dead gorgeous. She had pink dyed hair and beautiful pinkish eyes.  And I don't think I had ever seen such a beauty.

Just who was she?

"Hello. I am Grace Betilon. The daughter of the Betilon kingdom of the South, it's a pleasure to finally meet you Lady Anastasia."