Birthday party

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I didn't look like mother at all. She was way more prettier than me.

I only got her eyes and hair.

“You gotta look absolutely pretty today! It's your day afterall.” Dementia said as she brushed my hair.

She came early morning to my room and said they (Anastasia, Dementia, Andros, Cassian and Aether?!) had surprises for me since it was my birthday.

And I was excited for it. So excited I couldn't stop smiling.

Dementia suddenly hugged me from behind, “We are done! Let's go.”

She pulled me up as we slow ran towards the main gate. Andros, Anastasia, Cassian and Aether were already waiting for us.

“Where are we going?” I asked as me and Cassian stepped into the same carriage.

“The beach!” they exclaimed.

I had never been to the countryside beach before. The cold breeze blew my hair and as I stroll along, I could feel the soft smooth sand under my feet. The sand wasn't very hot and was mixed with many different types and colours of shell.

The water looked orange as the sun slowly set on the horizon. It looked like a scene out of a drawing.

We all stared at the sunset.

“I think it's time to bring the cake.” Sir Aether suddenly said and everyone got restless.

“Blindfold her!”

Wait what...?!

Before I could say anything my eyes were shut off by a soft cloth and I couldn't see anything other than the pitch black colour.

“Hello?” I said as I couldn't hear anyone talking.

A few seconds went by and then there was a voice.

“Okay, 3.....2.....1!!!”

The blindfold was off and I could see again.

The sun had set and it was dark now but infront of me there was a bonfire as everyone stood around it and Anastasia held a cake on her hands.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they all yelled and that's when the fireworks started.

It was a beautiful moment.

“Thank you...everyone.” I almost wanted to cry as I got closer.

“Awww.” Dementia said, “Cut the cake!”

I did as she took a piece and feed me. The cake was creamy and delicious, melting in my mouth.

After that Anastasia and Andros feed me too.

I laughed, “Thank you.”

We all cheered and ate and danced the whole night. And when everyone was out of energy we sat around the bonfire.

The temperature has degreed a lot by now.

“This is so fun.” I whispered not really telling anyone.

“I know right?” Cassian who was beside me said surprising me.

I looked at him as he smiled.

“It was fun.” he said again.

He's face sparkled in the beam light from the bonfire, everytime he smiled, I got this weird feeling in my chest. I just couldn't figure out what.

“Yeah, I wish everyday was like this.” I said suddenly emotional that the day was going to end.

He looked at me for a moment, “I'll make sure everyday is a fun day!”

He brought his hand closer to my face. I thought he'd touch my face but they landed on my head as he gave a pat.

I was taken aback.

In that second, when his hands were in my head, I felt a rush of feelings.

My heart was filled with warmth and joy.

Uh oh.