Revelation

I'll be getting over you my whole life.

Because how would I ever be able to move on from this heartbreak?!

I took off my mask in case I cried.

Nothing.

All my tears seemed to have dried.

What do I do now? I can't go home yet, I can't go inside either. I didn't want to come here. Memories of the last time I was here were hurtful.

I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down.

I tried to take a few deep breaths when a sudden rustling sound came from behind me.

I immediately turned around, “Who's there?!”

It was dark but I could see the shadow of a person.

“Oh my, I apologise if I surprised you, m'lady,” it was a deep voice of a man, he came out of the shadow and revealed himself.

He was a man dressed like a lower noble with a white quilled masquerade mask. Though I couldn't see his full face properly.

I stood up defensively, the bench was now in between us.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. No one was supposed to be here, the ball was taking place inside and this garden was only known to the insiders. I knew it because I would escape parties everytime and come here.

If he is an intruder... I grabbed the knife in my dress ready to take it out if he did something inappropriate.

The person looked half shocked and half amused as he came closer.
Now I had a proper view of him, he had blond hair and dark blue eyes.

“I mean no harm, m'lady,” he said while looking around, “I'm actually hiding from someone.”

“LOOK OVER THERE!” Someone shouted from afar as I heard a few footsteps run towards us.

The suspicious person suddenly got too close, took my hand and pulled me towards him.

It happened so quickly, we were standing, no, hiding behind a tree my head buried in the person's chest!

I tried to push him away defensively and take the knife in my dress out but he was stronger than I was. He shut my mouth with one hand and another holding my hand in place.

“Shhh”

I was shocked. How could an ordinary noble be this strong?

The men that ran our way looked like guards but it was too dark to make out anything, I wanted to shout, but couldn't.

Was I going to get abducted and sold in the black market?

“Search the area carefully!”

“We must find him!”

I looked at the man, even with the mask, his face had looked familiar, did we meet before? As I looked at him, trying to get away, I saw a tiny spark in his eyes. Huh? No, I must have just imagined it.

“Look over there!” the guards kept yelling and shouting but didn't suspect us there, standing just a few steps away from them. Were they deaf and blind ?

I'm right here! Help me.

Unfortunately, they were indeed deaf and blind as they all went to the other side.

As soon as they were gone, the man relaxed his grip a bit.

This is my chance.

I took the hand he had on my mouth, spinning it around and giving a good kick on his knee.
He was now on the ground as I took out the knife and placed it on his neck.

“Whoa! That surprised me” he breathed.

He was strong but he had messed with the wrong person, maybe he didn't know who's daughter I was.

“M'lady, I'm sorry about that, but I really didn't mean any harm!”

“Is that right? Tell me, why are you hiding from them then, if you don't mean any harm!” I said, furious. Not only did he tried to assault me but even the guards were looking for him, what on earth did this man do?

“Would you please let me explain the situation, m'lady? I'm not who you think I am!” he tried to turn around but I gripped the knife closer to his neck.

“Do not move.” I warned.

I had to get him arrested somehow. But the guards were far. I have to shout and call for them.

“IS ANYONE THERE?! WE HAVE AN INTRUDER HERE!” I yelled as the person flicked.

“Hey, keep it down!!”

“GUARDS! WE HAVE AN INTRUDER HERE!” I yelled louder and could hear a few footsteps. FINALLY.

“HERE!” I shouted.

But I'd let my guard down as the knife in my hands got thrown away from my hands and he broke out of my grip.
But it was too late to escape now, the guards had already arrived.

“Oh man” he sighed.

“YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS” all of the guards suddenly yelled as they bowed down to him.

Wh, what?

No, what, you're supposed to take him in?!

“Your royal highness, we were looking everywhere for you!” one of them said.

I looked at their uniform and I internally gasped.

They had the symbol of the royal guard on their uniform.

But what did they mean your royal highness?! Just who–

“I thought I told you to leave me alone.” the suspicious person said coldly.

The guards suddenly looked nervous.

“We apologies, but his excellency, sir Aether said–”

“YOUR HIGHNESS!” the guard was interrupted but another voice, the man was out of breathe as he ran closer to us.

What was shocking was that I KNEW HIM.

“Your highness, I thought I told you to stay–” he stopped when he noticed me. “Lady Rosemarie? What are you doing here?”

“Sir Aether,” I said as I bowed.

Why was sir Aether, the caretaker and bodyguard of the Crown Prince here?!
This whole situation was weird. Why would the Royal guards and sir Aether be in a ball organized for the nobles?! I don't think they were in the category to attend these parties. What business would they possibly have?

The suspicious blond sighed a heavy sigh and took off his mask.

“Can we not make a commotion now.” he said softly.

Ah, it really was him.

The crown prince.

But how? His eyes–

A bright golden light glowed around the prince's body, blowing enough wind for me to look away.

When I looked at him again, his whole appearance had changed.
His wavy blond hair fell perfect, as his clothes changed from that of a noble to an expensive, shiny suit which made him look more of a royalty. He looked majestic now.

And his eyes, they changed too. They now appeared the shade of turquoise as they shinned like diamonds.
It was no doubt now. He really was the crown prince.

He had used magic to change the shade of his eyes.

Only the royal blood, that is the imperial family had shinning turquoise eyes. But most importantly, the hier of the throne were the only ones who could use magic.

I was boomed.