Creation

“See. You. Later.”

Those were the words the crown prince mouthed to me yesterday.

What did he mean by it? Did he mean “I'll kill you later so enjoy the time you have left”? Or maybe he meant “See you at your beheading day”?

I had been so tired yesterday that I slept as soon as I got home. And when I woke up this morning, alive, all the confusions I had came rushing into my mind.

Soon after having breakfast at my room, I was summoned to father's office.

I almost forgot to breathe.

It most probably couldn't be about last night's encounter right?

I took a deep breath before entering his office.

“Your grace, you called?”

Father's butler was next to him, they seemed to be discussing some paperwork.

“Rosemarie, you're here,” he talked still looking at the papers as we wrote something on one of them, “How was the ball last night?”

The...the ball?! Does he know about it?

“La-last night? Yeah it was fine? I suppose.” I guessed it wasn't about the Prince itself and tried to answer casually.

“Hmm” he looked suspiciously at me, “Did anything special happen?”

What does he mean?!

“No...?”

“Okay then, you may go now.”

Well that was weird. He never asked me that kind of questions before.

I unsheathe my sword slowly, as I dropped into a low squat while keeping the torso bolt upright. I launched into my opponent, hollering at the top of my lungs, trying to keep my balance. At the last moment, I draw my sword up over my head and snapped it down on my opponent. But he blocked my move by drawing his sword up.
I don't give him any time to attack as I aim for his neck moving my body faster, he blocks it as well but his timing was off. I make another move, a straightforward one, a quick shuffling approach and then a snapping cut in the direction of my opponent's ribcage. He is barely able to block it as he collapsed on the ground.

“Lady Rosemarie! That was remarkable!” Louis, the trainer says.

Of course it was remarkable, I trained everyday since I was ten, gave my blood, sweat and tears for this!
I'd be disappointed if it wasn't remarkable!

Being the Grand Duke's daughter, who was once known as the battle God, people had high expectations from me. With title came duty. I wasn't a very talented student so I had to work hard everyday since I was little to be worthy of the Duchess title.
My father would never praise me so all these comments kept me going.

I smiled, “Thank you Louis.”

I spent extra time today training to keep my mind busy. I realised when I had a free head these days, I tend to think about all the depressing thoughts.

About Noah, my heart nor my brain had forgotten the pain.

If I wanted to, I could draw my sword and behead him right now, but I can't. Murder was a big punishing offence.
The other ridiculous thought that seem to occupy my mind was the Prince.
The thought of having to die in vain was not a very joyous thought.
And then there was the Prince's last words.

Sigh.

Next, I planned on going to the public library. Maybe the power of knowledge will open my heart and calm my mind.

The library, as expected, was almost empty. The educated among the lower nobles were men and amoung the commoners only a few percentage of men were educated.
I felt like I was lucky enough to have this luxury of education and knowledge. I couldn't imagine not being able to read books or write my own name.

I wandered around the ground floor searching for something I'd want to read then I remembered about last night when the prince had used magic to change his eye colour and clothes.

I had been quite interested in magic when I was younger but it had words and phrases too hard to understand so I'd given up on picking another book about magic.

But after seeing it for the first time with my own eyes last night, I wanted to know more about it.

The books on magic and witchcraft were on the first floor.

I went up the stairs and started looking for a good book.

Ah, found one.

It was titled “Magic and the Royal hier”, perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.
I sat down on a table comfortably as I started reading the book.

Once upon a time, when the planets and the fates and all the stars aligned, a light exploded and a power, so majestic, that it could destroy everything, if not used carefully and wisely was formed. When it got created, all the first living beings in Earth were killed, which scared the Gods. Therefore, the Heavens above broke this magical power into four parts and distributed them amoung the mermaids, the mother Nature, the siren and the first man on Earth, Adam.
It is said that Adam was infact, the ancestor of the Royal family. Only the pure Royal blood had these powers. And only those with power can rule over us humans!
The proof of them being above us all, was their magical eyes which appeared like crystals because of the devine, heavenly power they carried inside them.
The magical powers are so extraordinary and rare that no normal person has the privilege to see it in their lifetime. And those with the power are the strongest!

They never did anything bad with these powers to us humans, they truly are God's son!

Long live the Royal family!