Sneaking out

“We should sneak out!” Dementia suddenly suggested when we were in her room playing around.

Ever since I got here in the palace I seemed to feel things. A lot of different emotions.

When she mentioned the word “sneak out", I thought it meant telling the guards and going to the garden. But to my surprise, she meant going out right now, late at night, to the town, without telling anyone.

“No it's dangerous.” I pointed the obvious.

“Oh, but it's funnnn~” she was serious.

“No...”

“Yes...”

I didn't move an inch.

“Oh come on Rose. Me and big brother used to sneak out everytime when we were younger! It's gonna be fineee!” she said.

And here we were tiptoeing around the palace to escape. She had convinced me to go but when she suggested jumping down from the seconded floor I strictly said no.

I would be grateful if we get taught rather than having a broken arm.

Before we sneaked out Deme suggested we stop by the service room and 'borrow' some maid clothes.

We tiptoed safely to the garden, Dementia was extra relieved since she was worried about not coming down from the window which was better in her opinion.

“What are you two doing here?” a voice asked firmly as me and Dementia froze.

We were almost near the exit gate.

“I asked what are you two maid doing here?” the voice said again.

It seemed we weren't caught yet maybe because it was dark.

I turned to take a look at who it was.

Sir Aether. Of course.

Dementia grabbed my hands as if giving me a signal that she will handle this situation.

“Uhh ahem we were just going to bring something the Lady asked for!” she said in a voice different from her usual pitched voice.

“And what's the 'something' she asked for?” he asked again.

“Co...corn! She asked for corn!”

CORN? Seriously?

Oh no, this wasn't going to work out. I was getting nervous.

“Aether what's going on?” Another voice came from behind us.

It was Prince Cassian's. I know his voice.

“These two maids seemed suspicious so I was questioning them.” Sir Aether simply said.

“Hmm? Turn around you two.” the Prince ordered.

I couldn't do it anymore, I'm sorry Deme!

I turned around flushed, this was embarrassing.

Dementia nagged me to turn back around but I ignored her.

I keep my gaze down and then slowly up.

The Prince and Aether were surprised, obviously to see me.

And then Dementia turned around too.

“Ugh, the plan it ruined because of you two now.” Dementia said clearly upset as she folded her hands around her chest.

“Just what on Earth were you two planning?!” both the Prince and Aether seemed like they would eat us up if we didn't answer.