The Visit - Part 2

What on Earth was he doing here?

“Layla, am I imagining things or is the Crown Prince really here?” I asked her.

“You're not imagining things my lady.” she said still bowing.

“Ouch, that hurt.” The Prince said placing his hand on his chest dramatically and made a hurtful face.

“What are you doing here?” I asked firmly.

If you couldn't tell already I was disappointed to see him instead of Princess Dementia.

We were waiting for her outside, when 5 carriages stood infront of the house and the Prince came out leaving me in disbelief.

“I'm here to take you instead of my sister.” he said suddenly getting closer to me as he raised a hand towards my face. I backed away immediately.

He smiled, “I hope you're ready to go m'lady.”

Absolutely not.

“Where is Princess Dementia?” I asked.

“Hmm?” he ignored my question on purpose, I know he heard it.

I planned on asking Dementia if I could take Layla with me. I didn't have anything else to take but I really wanted to be with Layla.

“I have just one request, to take Layla here with me.” I said pointing at her.

He looked at her for a minute, “You'll be given a few noble Lady- in - waitings but if you wish to take her with you then fine. I don't mind.”

I didn't expect him to agree.

I looked at Layla excitedly. She could come with me!

“Shall we take our leave then m'lady?” the Prince said as he held out his hand.

I took it.

Big mistake.

I was in the same carriage as him. It shouldn't have bothered me but it did.

“M'lady are you okay, you look uncomfortable.”

It was because of you but I wouldn't say that.

“I'm quite alright.”

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again.

“I was thinking, shouldn't we call each other by our first names since we will be getting married?”

I was shocked yet again. And I didn't try to hide it. What does he mean call him by his first name?!

“Why are you so surprised? You're in first name terms with my sister afterall, Rosemarie.”

I was trying to keep calm, I really was.

“I...I will try.”

He leaned close to me, again.

“Say it, say my name.”

I looked away from his face.

“Cassian Rex Shadowvale.”

“No. Just the first name. Say it.”

“Ca–Cassian.”

He patted my head as he leaned back on his seat.

!!!??!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!?????

“Good job.” he smiled.