There for me

When I saw Anastasia and Dementia sitting beside me when I woke up the next day I had a weird thought.

I thought, it doesn't feel lonely.

It was a feeling I couldn't describe.

“Rosemarie, are you ready?” Anastasia asked.

In the past few days when she and Dementia were the only people I was meeting, it seemed we had gotten a lot more closer. I didn't tell them everything but it wasn't as weird when Anastasia called me by my first name as it was before.

“Yes.” I smiled at her.

They both insisted on going with me to the grave today and I didn't complain. In fact, I was grateful.

A few servants carried father's body carefully as we set out to my mother's grave.

I had already prepared myself mentally.
And even though his majesty didn't say there would be any danger to him, I had prepared mentally for the worst case scenario.

I really hoped it didn't happen but...just in case.

“Don't worry.” Dementia who sat next to me said squeezing my hand.

“Yes, I'm sure everything will be fine!” Anastasia added.

I was really grateful for them but there was still a tiny fear in the back if my mind.

It'll be fine.

The cold winter air blow my hair. Ah, winter was here.

“Before I begin, Rosemarie come here,” the emperor called, “The rest of you all should avoid getting close to us, in any case, until I saw so.”

I hesitated.

Cassian patted me on the back.

“I'll be by your side if anything happens so don't worry.” he whispered.

“We will be by your side too, Rose!” Deme and Anastasia gave a cheerful smile.

I nodded as I looked at my father's body lying on the ground and went up to the emperor.

He took my hand, “Everything will be alright.” he said.

I was surprised he tried to comfort me.

I had always thought he and me were a little similar. But the more I get to know him, the more different we get.

The emperor slowly lifted my hand in the air and took a deep breath as he started muttering something I didn't understand.

“꒻ꍏ꒻ꍏ꒻ꌚꌚꀘꅐꀘꅐꀘꏂꀤꌩꌩꁴ꒻ꉧꈤꉧ꒦ꌚꈤꍏ꒻꒻ꀤꍏꂦꂦꀘ꒻ꌚ꒻ꀍꌚꀍ꒻ꌚ꒻꒻ꍏꍏꀘꍏ꒻ꌚꁅꌚꀎꅐꀘꍏꈤꀷꀍꍏꀤꍏꈤꌚ꒻ꀷ꒻ꌚ꒻”

While he was speaking the language of God, the same dark black magic from last night suddenly surrounded father's body, it was bigger this time covering his whole body and it just kept getting bigger when suddenly the emperor fell, making me fall on my knees as well.

A few gaurds came forward.

“Father!”

“Your majesty!”

He lifted his free hand and waved everyone to stay back.

“Your majesty, are you ok?!” I asked suddenly panicking.

Rose...” father's voice called as it grabbed my arm gently.

I looked at him, “Father?”