Forgiving part. 2

It felt like I said that too easily.

The first time I visit her in a month I wanted to take Cassian with me.

It was ironic.

My mother had been showing up in my dreams telling me to meet her. I saw her but I can't remember the exact words she said...

Prince Cassian was surprised by the invitation as well but agreed to come along.

I told myself it would just be a casual walk around the Lake.

But when we reached there, I saw some odd footprints, they were fresh and I just knew someone else was there waiting for us.

Not a lot of people knew about this place so, it could only be him.

I walked faster to the grave and I was right.

He really was there.

“Father...what–” And then I remembered.

Those words mother kept repeating in my dreams.

Come to see me, Rose...come with the Prince and your father.

Was it just a coincidence that he was here?

“Rosemarie...” he stood up and came closer to me. “I knew you'd come... I was waiting for you.”

“Rose why did you suddenly run off–?” Prince Cassian had catch up now as he noticed father. “Grand Duke Leviathan.”

Father bowed, “Rosemarie you had been ignoring me for too long... can't you just let it go? I...I know I was wrong but I am your father, Rose!” he came close as I went back.

He had a desperate expression, an expression which begged me to forgive him.

“...I don't want to talk to you,” I said almost disgusted, “Please leave me alone.”

He tried to touch me but Cassian came forward and blocked his path.

“I think she told you she doesn't want to talk to you.” he said warning him.

“But–!”

“Please leave.” Cassian said as father seemed to be out of breathe.

“I...I, Rose I–” he struggled and fell down.

He had fainted.

I didn't know what to do. I stood there frozen with wide eyes as Prince Cassian rushed towards him.