The visit

Soon after I had reached my house, no even before that, the news of me being the Crown Prince's fiancée spread like wild fire.

It was a shock for everyone.

The next day my table was filled with letters and invitations from imperial families and the Houses.

All this was expected of course.

I had a wild thought yesterday. If I was going to be the empress, didn't that mean I would have enough power to execute anyone I disliked? I pushed that thought in the back of my head immediately. How stupid.

"My lady!" Layla almost yelled as she bursted into my room.

She'd been the calmest person since my return yesterday yet now she was breathless.

"Layla, what is it?"

She took a few breathes as I stared at her, confused.

"My Lady, the...the Princess is here!" she exclaimed.

The princess?

"You don't mean..."

"Yes, her highness the Princess, is here."

That was uncalled for.

"Where is father?" I asked

"He's out for some business my lady."

"Please take me to them." I told her as I took a deep breathe myself.

I might have an idea about why she was here.

-

When I reached the living room, I saw 2 Lady- in- waitings and several servants standing there with lots of boxes wrapped in gold sheets.

"Your highness." I say bowing.

The Princess of the Empire, Dementia Shadowvale, was here. This was the first time I was seeing her.

She was absolutely gorgeous.

She had the same blond hair as the Prince but instead of turquoise eyes, she had eyes the colour of bright fire. It felt embarrassing to even stand beside her.

"Lady Rosemarie, you're here!" she said suddenly standing up and coming towards me.

She grabbed my hands, "My, you're adorable!"

What, what was this? The light in her eyes, the aura she had, it was blinding.

I nervously stood there.

"I'm Dementia Shadowvale. I apologise for suddenly visiting without any warning, Lady Rosemarie, but I wanted to see my brother's soon-to-be wife so bad!"

She looked like a Pomeranian.

"You-your highness, please be my guest. Layla please bring tea for us." I looked at Layla and then at the Princess again.

She was still holding my hand, I hope it wasn't too sweaty? This is embarrassing.

"Your highness please take a seat?" I said after a bit of staring at each other and awkwardly stand there.

"Hmm, Lady Rosemarie you're going to be my sister in law please be causal with me...How about this? Call me Deme and I'll call you Rose!"

I hesitated. How could I ever call the Princess with her first name?!

"I'll only sit if you call me by my name...Rose." she smiled as I felt a meteor strik me when I heard my nickname said by THE PRINCESS.

I struggled a bit before speaking again.

"De-Dementia..."

"Good, now call me just Deme."

"D-D-DEME!" I was so embarrassed.

"Very good, Rose!" She smiled so brightly, it was painful to look at her without being blinded, she was like the sun.

I had never been this out of place before.

We took our seats in the living room as Layla came back with the tea and snacks.

"These are good." The Princess said stuffing some cookies in her mouth.

Was she just trying to be polite?

I was nervous if she would be okay with these because they were stuff only the nobles had and the palace had so much better food and tea.

"Ah Rose, I bought you gifts! Lily please bring them-HAHA! LILY AND ROSE!" She literally bursted out with laughter when she said that as 'Lily' looked nervously at me.

"Please forgive me." she covered her mouth with her hands still laughing.

The lady, assuming her name was Lily, bought a few boxes and placed them on the table carefully.

"These are some dresses and jewels I thought you would like Rose." she said as she opened a box revealing a beautiful gold bracelet with green gems on them.

She took my hand yet again and put the bracelet on it.

"They match your greens." she said as she smiled again.

"Thank you, your high- I mean, Deme."

"I wish to get along with you sister in law, even if it's just for a few months, I want to me your friend." she said in a low voice.

So she knew about the contract.

"Friend?" did she mean she would like to be companions for as long as I was an Empress?

"Yes, friends!" she said beaming.

How could I ever be friends with her? She was of Royal blood. But if it just meant being companions till the divorce I wouldn't mind.

I nodded and let out a tiny smile.

We talked a bit more.

"Mother couldn't come today since she had some work to do. But I was free so I came, even though brother insisted on coming too, I ditched him" she'd said.

I was thankful for her majesty for not coming. I don't think I'd have survived in this room if she came along.

"By the way Rose, when will you be moving to the palace?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You're supposed to move to the palace before the wedding! Didn't brother tell you that?" No he hadn't. I had no idea whatsoever.

"Is it necessary?" I asked hoping it wasn't.

"Of course it is necessary! I can't believe that idiot didn't tell you about it!" she said as she sighed. They seemed rather close.
"Oh I know, I'll just take you to the palace!"

"But–"

"It shouldn't be a problem right? I'll pick you up myself in...4 days so make sure to pack your luggages and be ready okay?”

It was no use, she was so adorable I couldn't reject her offer. Even though she was just as demanding as her brother there was something different about the way she asked for stuff.

"Okay, I'll be waiting then." I said.

And then it was time for her to go, and I felt disappointed then she was leaving.

"Are you sad already Rose? Don't worry we shall meet soon.”

When father heard of the news about the Princess' visit, he'd asm for more details.

“She said I had to move to the palace.” I told him.

He didn't look surprised, “Ah yes, the future Empress has to live there once she is selected. Don't worry, I'll look after the House while you're gone.”

I wasn't worried at all. In fact I was happy I'll be away from you father.