Chapter 35 - 『The Wrath And Pain That Overwhelms From Within』

Start from the beginning

"May I have this first dance?"

The chocolate that Raon hid fell from his mouth, Hong was the same.

"You're not going to dance with Your Majesty?" Ohn asks in surprise.

"No, he's not the child I have that will soon debut." Cale says in a stoic manner.

"Oh right! Noona will debut soon!" Raon says, shaking his hyung back and forth making Hong dizzy for a while.

"But I don't know how to dance." Ohn says, shy.

"Oh, I don't know how to dance too. So let's just swing aimlessly there or something." Cale says apathetically, making Raon and Hong snicker to themselves.

"I might stomp on your foot too..." Ohn says, making Cale reconsider after seeing the heels the girl was wearing.

"It'll be fine...I think."

Ohn just chuckles before holding their father figure's hand.

"If you say so."

Cale leads the little girl to the circle where several people dance, immediately being placed in the middle part.

The redhead could feel how Ohn's hands started getting cold and sweaty from the nervousness.

"Relax. No one will judge you. If someone did, I'll tell Choi Han to pluck their eyes out."

That statement alone made Ohn chuckle under her breath, but she indeed calmed down as she kept her focus on the redhead.

The familiar melody made Cale perk up, a record playing in his mind.

"Oh, this song."

"You know it?"

Cale hums, feeling nostalgic.

"I do. I used to play it to your uncles." Cale whispers.

Uncles huh. If they were given a chance, Ohn would like to meet them.

"Do you miss your hometown?" Ohn asks, backing away her left foot that almost hit Cale's shoes.

"Sometimes. But there's nothing else to miss there since it's the cataclysm."

Though Cale does miss his old team members.

"If you were given a choice to choose, which world would you choose?"

Perhaps Ohn had step over the line, but Cale didn't berate her for it and just kept silent.

So she just kept silent too.

"You look handsome today, father." She says to change the topic, slowly following her father's leads and tried her best not to stomp the redhead's foot.

She could see how Cale started to grin before twirling the girl, "And you look beautiful today, daughter."

Cale's relationship to the children was by no means, an unknown topic. But for Cale to announce his children in public means that he officially adopted them as his.

It was quite surprising, considering Cale is someone who hides his intentions and emotions very well.

As the orchestra is slowly coming to an end, Cale spun the girl for one last time before they both bowed to each other, signifying the end.

"Thank you for the dance, Cale."

The redhead just smiles warmly to the girl and brought her back to where her siblings are.

"That was awesome noona! Cale nya!"

"Yeah! You should dance again human!"

Cale groans, "No."