Chapter twenty-six

Jenny sat there with heart torn to pieces. One of the diner's employees sat next to Jenny. She covered Jenny with a blanket as one of the customers called 911.

"Are you hurt?" The employee said as she tried to check up on Jenny, however, at the state she was in she couldn't really hear a word. everything was muffled; All except Shawn's voice on repeat, ringing in her ears.

Jenny's eyes caught the nametag of the employee Infront of her. 'kHloe.' "Ma'am?" The employee asked trying to catch Jenny's attention. She attempted to distract her from the nightmare she's living. "It's actually Chloe, the kH is the diner's name, our boss thought it was a good idea to just slam the name right next to our actual names." She babbled, she had no idea how to comfort this stranger before her. What am I supposed to do she wondered.
What was anyone supposed to do? Jenny just lost the love of her life, nothing on this earth could could help but his gentle words, his and only his.

"We called 911, they're on their way." Jenny overheard another employee in the distance, again too muffled she could barley make out the words.

"Are you hurt?" She asked once again, only this time Jenny shook here head just enough for Chloe to see a response. Chloe sat down next to Jenny and placed her arm around her. Another human's touch was the last thing she wished for.

"I'm sorry this happened." The kind strangers words brought Jenny back to her awful reality. She shut her eyes closed and blocked away the tears. She had a saying for fear -fear has no place here- but that wasn't what she was feeling. She felt betrayed, hurt, physically and mentally exhausted. Her feelings couldn't be summed up in a word as simple as sad, it was a tsunami of feelings that nobody could understand but her.

"Could you tell me your name?" Chloe asked, "or if you need me to call you anybody?" She continued, she felt sorry for Jenny. Even though she didn't know how much Jenny lost that day, she knew it was too much for her to bear.

"Jenny-Jenny." She never thought she'd find a such a simple question so daunting.

Call anybody... The words were almost funny to her. She felt as if her whole world collapsed. She felt as if she had nobody.

Jenny's eyes were fixed on the floor until she noticed something shine next to her, a ring... A diamond ring placed on Chloe's fingers. They both wore engagement rings except only one of them would marry the one they loved.

Red and blue lights hit Chloe and Jenny's eyes as they approached the street.

Jenny shut her eyes, she hoped that would shut her emotions too. Eventually Chloe went back to her job as the cops took care of Jenny. Cops walked around, flashing camera lights would paint the concrete in a bright shade for split second before disappearing once again, all while Jenny sat completely still on the side of the road.