Chapter Twenty-five

"I don't know if you missed me or not, but I certainly do miss you," Aquilla said as he shook her head around like a toy.

"You want to go to the water, don't you?" He laughed as he held her tight. He pulled closer... Too close. She felt his breath- Shawn's breath on her skin except this time it was different, it was repulsive.
"Go to hell," she said holding his cold hand trying to break free of his grip. "Been there." He shoved her head in the water for a second then pulled it back out. "You'll be with me on my next visit," he whispered in her ear.

"I find it ironic," he raised his voice slightly. "You choosing water as your element and dying in it." He scoffed.

"Let me go you son of a bitch!" She screamed.
"Mommy is a demon and not a b word. Big difference," he said as he dragged her closer and closer to the water.
"It's not deep enough to drown you here." The hand pulling her was the hand she never thought would hurt her.

"Relax," he said as he put her face in the water. "Enjoy the moment." He pulled her head out of the water and put it right back in.
His laughter was so loud it covered the sound of her hands and legs kicking the water, he ignored the splashes hitting his eyes, he rather enjoyed them.

He pulled her out letting her take a deep breath.
"Killing you straight away isn't fun," he said between her endless sobs and coughs.
"You know, Shawn is screaming in my head to let you go now, I'm almost tempted to take my hand out of the water and let him burn." He shoved her face in the water. She planted her feet in the ground underneath and held tight onto his hands.
"You got some good lungs there," he said with a grin.
"Let's see how long they last you." He shoved her head back in the water then pulled it back out.

"Torture," He smashed her head in the water.

"That's my shit." He pulled it out.

"The fear." he shoved her face back in the water.

"The sadness." he pulled her back out. "The adrenaline." he pushed her head down in the water.
"Rushing through your body." he pulled her out once more.

"Two," she coughed out.

"Any last words?" He allowed her one last breath.
"One." She smiled. "No..." he let go of her face. "How did you?!" He yelled as he backed away.

"I might not be as strong as you," she struggled to stand up. "But I'm hell of a lot smarter," she said as she straightened her back and looked at him right in the eyes. "You pulled and pushed me in during the first eight counts, and your ego left me enough room for one." She couldn't help but smile in happiness.

"You know the rules." She took a deep breath, "I count, I win, you lose," she said. "Now..." She paused, "get the fuck out of my fiance," she demanded. She never felt so brave.

The demon shook in Shawn's body as if he was having a seizure, his whole body fell into the water not just his hand. Jenny froze in fear. his screams grew louder and louder Jenny had to block her ears to lower his screams. Then it stopped. Jenny watched her fiance dip into the water. She rushed towards Shawn and pulled his head out of the water. "Shawn!" She shook his body. "Shawn!" She screamed as she shook him harder, unable to think straight. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes and slowly placed her shaking fingers on his neck.

Thump... Thump... Thump

Thank God he's alive.  She thought to herself.

She dragged his unconscious body out of the water. She fell into the water a few times, but she always got back up. Eventually she reached the soft sand. She took in its warm embrace and laid next to Shawn on the sand. 

She looked at the stars in the sky, she saw them shine bright like diamond. That's when she remembered.

"I'm getting married," she whispered