"hi, nhu. well be going now. our managers up front already." he said with a friendly smile that reached his eyes.

"bye, nhu."

"bye, max." i said waving at them.

i dont envy them. not one bit. were under different circumstances... way different. im just lucky that i have a capable mate to be with me for the rest of my life.

im on my mid-sip when a wash of cold fume ran down my back. its as if my spine was stone cold. it feels rather odd but its not really that uncomfortable. right after that, i felt my anxiety plummet up.

wheres arius?

why does he take too long?

whats wrong with him?

where is he?

the sole of my feet started to drum on the marble floor and my heart beat so fast, i bolted up from my chair with my sling bag. i walked fast out from the lounge area and there i found my one and only being hugged by a woman.

the same woman in that event arius and i went to. camille... was it?

ive had enough with people dragging me down and making me look pathetic. ive had enough people wanting whats mine.

when i reached the duo near the reception area, arius shrugged off the woman from his space. i know he felt me getting near when i  walked behind him.

"hello there." i said crossing my arms.

" i said crossing my arms

"hello, lord nhu."

"um..." eloquent arius grew silent. wow....

"may i know the nature of your visit here, ms?" i tried... really tried to be polite but the jealousy in my tone is evident enough to make her look down on her toes.

"with all due respect, sir, i was just saying my goodbyes since ill be stationed in another country due to a mission."

"i dont see that as a valid reason to see my mate in person." i said straightfowardly. i dont want to tolerate lies and omission. shes clearly trying to hide a fact that she definitely doesnt want me to hear. her silence was evident enough to justify my theory.

i looked at arius and by then, he encircle his hands on my waist and whispered, "she offered a night with me just to appease the elders with their doubt of a successor. like i really cared what the geezers really has to say. dont worry about it nhu. im yours. no one will have me, apart from you."

"