Chapter 31 - 『Mirror, Sword, And Shield』

ابدأ من البداية

"Aigoo, you bastard really have way with your words."

"And after all, how can I live another life without you, the sun of Rowoon Kingdom and the one who lit up my darkest nights?"

Cale could feel his chest constrict at that memory.

"Pfft, I'll let it pass since you look like you're about to cringe from your words."

"Urgh."

The next memory caught Cale off guard.

Alver leans in towards the redhead, giving a small peck to Cale's forehead as he leans in to the soft lips in his head.

Alver Crossman was someone Cale had romantically loved in his previous life.

Why did he forget such important thing?

Before Cale could continue pondering, the doors opened as Wang Lingjiao strode in like she owned the place.

"Oh, everyone is here. Bring him out." The woman says, twirling her hair.

One of the Yunmeng disciples was then shoved to the floor, and it surprised Cale to see who it was.

"Xue Yang?!" Cale exclaims, trying to stand up before failing, the lingering pain still present as Jiang Yanli kept him in place.

As far as the redhead knows, Xue Yang should be sleeping in his quarters, not tied up and bruised in front of them.

"...Gege."

As if a fuse was blown, Cale glares at Wang Lingjiao who was busy snickering to herself.

"Madam Yu! It seems that you've been hiding evil intentions!"

Bullshit.

"Evil intentions?" Madam Yu asked, doing her best to hold her anger in.

"What evil intentions would Xue Yang hide?" Jiang Cheng asks coldly, slowly inching closer to the child.

"That brat may be a devil spawn, but he wouldn't hide evil intention or what bullcrap you're calling it." Wei Ying sneers, joining Jiang Cheng in checking Xue Yang if he's gravely injured.

"Say what you want, but I have all the evidence right here." Wang Lingjiao says, ordering a Wen disciple to show a target mark.

"I caught that brat in the training fields practicing his archery skills."

Xue Yang just looks down, making Cale grit his teeth.

"Raise your head, Xue Yang. You did nothing wrong." Wei Ying says who was now beside him.

Cale agrees with his younger brother's statement.

They all looked at the archery target, noticing that there's nothing wrong.

"What does this target resemble? A sun! To shoot such target is an act to dishonor the Qishan Wen!"

Funnily enough, Cale started to laugh boisterously, as if mocking.

"Why are you laughing?!" Wang Lingjiao shrieks.

Cale's reddish-brown eyes turned sharp, "If I want to dishonor the Qishan Wen, I would burn them to ashes rather than hitting a damn target that resembles the sun."

At the same time, Wang Lingjiao's hair was pulled back as the woman screams in agony.

Xiao Wang looked down at the woman who have tears welling on her eyes, the Wen disciples who was with her lay unconscious on the floor.

"What should I do with her?"

This time, Cale stood up perfectly, the pain long gone.

Just as he thought he could remember the gaps in his memory, the Wens decided to attack them.

"You are quite bold to roam around my home and beating one of Yunmeng's disciple. Maybe Wen Chao would be pissed if I kill you as a revenge?"

Cale chuckles in a sinister manner, his right hand was covered with rose-gold lightning.

- Burn this woman to crisp!

Just before Cale could incinerate Wang Lingjiao, Madam Yu intervened and slapped the woman straight to her face.

That action caught Cale off guard, but he was glad nonetheless.

"Don't kill her yet, she'll make a good hostage." Madam Yu says, wiping her hand with a handkerchief and threw it away.

The redhead stares for a while before sighing, finishing his calculation in his head and deactivated his ancient power.

"Evacuate the children and elderly first, hide them in the basement at the southeast of Lotus Pier."

Madam Yu looks at Jinzhu and Yinzhu who both nodded, running out to follow the redhead's orders.

"Join them, shijie. Apply first aids to those who are injured just in case."

Jiang Yanli easily follows him.

Cale kneels down to take a look at Xue Yang who was slowly healing thanks to Jiang Cheng who was passing some of his spiritual energy to the child.

It surprised the redhead to say the least, but he quite know that Jiang Cheng would learn it sooner or later whether he liked it or not.

"Call the disciples I taught and ready the ballistae and catapults."

Wei Ying nods, since that part was his to take.

Cale looked at the mother and son, fishing out an enhanced communication talisman and connected it to his ear.

His voice was then heard by everyone in Lotus Pier.

"Mirror, sword, and shield. Follow my orders if you want to live another day."

Cale looks outside, the sky slowly turning red as Xiao Wang went beside him.

A purple dome then slowly enveloped the entire Lotus Pier, as the long ranged weapons aimed at a certain direction.

"Let them think that we're losing, so that they'll come to our territory."

The mirror, a mirage that the sun would want to see. The swords, their offense.

"After this day, the entire cultivation world will go into war with Qishan Wen. We are just the beginning."

The shield, the one who will protect Yunmeng Jiang.

- It's time to work again.

"The shield will never break."