|37: ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴀɴᴅʀᴇ's ғᴀᴜʟᴛ|

Anyone would've thought that after that night things would change for the better, right? That's exactly what I thought. But what's surprising is that I was wrong.

Two days later, I was strolling through the village with Bianca, about to buy her some of Julieta's food since she got a pretty bad scratch from tripping over something yesterday.

I bought her a few arepas with cheese, and soon enough we were sitting at a picnic table. Bianca happily chewed on her first piece of food. Clearly she was already better.

"Wow, you're really into that." I chucked. She looked up at me and grinned.

"Of course I am, it's Julieta Madrigal's cooking!"

I rested my head on my hands, looking around the central square of Encanto. My cousin usually takes a while to finish her food, so in the meantime I wanted to find something to keep me amused for a bit. But as soon as I stopped looking around and sighed, my eyes spotted two familiar figures.

Camilo and the devil herself, Maria. Leaning against pillars as they laughed at a subject one of them brought up. My eyes darkened at the sight.

Yeah, sure he was a great actor. But my jealousy was telling me that he was really enjoying her presence, and that everything he told me was false.

My cousin looked in the same direction and smirked. "Isn't that your boyfriend, (N/N)?"

"For the last time, he's not my boyfriend." I sighed, getting annoyed once again with her assumptions. Thankfully, that got her to shut up for some seconds.

But then she spoke again. "So, where did you two go the other night?"

"What?" I questioned. There was no way she was awake by then.

"I saw you leave with him, since I was getting a snack in the kitchen. But still, what did you do anyways?"

I facepalmed before looking back at her. "And. . . Why do you want to know?"

"Just curious. Don't teenagers always have s-" I quickly stood up and covered her mouth with my hand as I looked at the girl with shock.

"Don't you dare say that. Who even told you this?" I asked, taking my hand back as I sat back down.

"Uh, I don't know?" Bianca only shrugged. But I knew damn well who it was. André.

Something then caught my attention. Through the corner of my eye, I watched as Camilo waved at me from afar and signaled for me to join the two. But I could just tell that Maria was already getting annoyed, so I pretended not to notice him.

"Let's go home, you can finish your food there." I stood up and held my satchel. Bianca nodded, putting her food in a box before we headed home.

I shouldn't have been having thoughts like this, but I couldn't help it. I thought after saying that he thought she was annoying, he would stay away from her. Or maybe I was just overthinking. She could've been following him, and maybe he was just being nice. He's a shapeshifter, acting is what he's best at.

I let out a sigh as I tried to stop thinking about them. Bianca who was walking beside me seemed to notice that I wasn't feeling the best. She took the last arepa out of the box and offered it to me.

I smiled. "Thanks, Bianca."