|7: ʟᴜɪsᴀ ɢᴏɴᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛᴍᴏᴅᴇ|

A/N: Good morning/afternoon/night everyone! (No one-)

This was actually going to come out a week ago, but my mother found my hidden iPad in my room I use to write this at 3 am. I found the iPad but I'm not sure how to sneak it out of my mom's drawer without her noticing :( So I'll try to write on my computer for now.

But anyway, I have a few things I want to mention before writing this chapter.

In this story, Mirabel's mission will last for at least 4 days, due to some events I wanted to write about. Including a deleted scene or 2. As for the actual Encanto movie, it lasts about 2 days. (If this doesn't make much sense, just keep reading the rest of the story.)

This is just a reminder that the time setting in this is in the early 1990s. (Or at least in this story) I'm not gonna say why I mentioned this, because that would spoil some of the story.

But if you're reading this, thank you for reading this far, it means a lot to me! Now I hope you enjoy it!

☾︎

"I guess you could say I'm a good actor..."

Me and Isabela were the first to finish breakfast, while everyone else was almost done. I noticed something behind my friend's shoulder, which was Mirabel, running towards the both of us.

"Heyy girls! Sorry for interrupting your conversation but- do you guys like going on adventures or missions or... Whatever?" The girl still seemed in a rush and was talking much faster now. I'm quite surprised I could even tell what she was saying.

I nodded my head in response, and Isabela looked at her younger sister with annoyance in her eyes.

"Great!! Sorry Isa but I'm just gonna steal your bestie if you don't mind-" She exclaimed, grabbing my wrist before practically dragging me away from Isabela.

"What is your problem?!" I hear her say as we kept walking farther from her. Soon, we were walking down the town road.

"Um, Mirabel what's going on?" I question as Mirabel finally lets go of my hand, still walking beside me.

"Your gonna help me... Oh I just realized- I'm so sorry for dragging you here, you can leave if you w-"

"It's fine, my life's pretty boring right now anyways. So what were you saying again?" She hesitates for a moment, then explains for me.

"I need to find out what's wrong with the miracle. I swear to god (Y/N), there's definitely something wrong with casita."

She must be really worried about this.

"But Mirabel, are you sure that's what you saw?" I asked, but immediately regretted it when I noticed the sadness in her eyes.

"You... Don't believe me..?"

"I mean- I do! Totally! But it's kind of a hard thing to believe haha..." I nervously chuckled, feeling relieved after seeing she didn't seem so sad with me anymore.

"Well, I have proof. When I saw the casita breaking last night, something sharp fell in front of me. And when I tried to pick it up, I scratched my hand. But if you really need proof that it happened, my mother healed me with her food so you could ask her or something."

"Okay... That seems truthful enough. I'll help you on this mission or whatever it was called." I grinned at the girl with glasses as she thankfully smiled back, knowing she had someone on her side.

"That's good to hear, but now we need to find Luisa!"

Just as that was said, our heads turned to a crowd of people cheering at the said girl, who was lifting a church and placing it somewhere else.

"That was fast-" I turned to where Mirabel was, but she had ran to the muscular woman who was now walking down the road. "Ugh- Your even faster!" I muttered to myself before catching up to the two girls.

Mirabel began desperately asking Luisa if she knew anything about the magic fading, but she kept denying it while picking up escaped donkeys. If you looked at her face, you could tell she was trying to ignore Mirabel badly.

"Luisa if you would just tell me what's-"

"NOTHINGS WRONG!" She turns to Mirabel with wide eyes before setting the six donkeys down beside her.

"I mean- Why would anything be wrong? I'm totally fine! The magic is fine, Luisa's fine, I'm totally not nervous." Her eye twitches as me and Mirabel look at each other with concern.

"Your eye is doing the thing..."

"I'm the strong one, I'm not nervous. I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is. " Luisa stomps away, picks up a large rock and drops it on herself.

"Uhm.." I look at her, then at Mirabel.

"Okay?"

"I move mountains, I move churches. And I blow cause I know what my worth is." To be honest, Luisa always seemed like the gentle type. Well, now that she was flexing her muscles and acting all scary, no. She didn't.

I'm just gonna...

I began to steadily walk backwards, away from what ever this scene would become, hoping that no one would notice.

"Well, of course! I mean- Hey where are you going?" Mirabel turned to glance at me, only to catch me sliding away.

"Oh well I just remembered that my family is probably worried about me so I should go... But I'll see you later I promise!" Hopefully, later wouldn't be as scary.

☾︎

A/N: Okay so first, really sorry about the short chapter, I just really wanted to get this out. I didn't have much time on the weekend because I had to study for a geo quiz. AND because of what I already explained at the beginning of this chapter. But good news, I finished that test today 😩 so more activeness for me 👍